The TSP Marketplace > Harvest Eating - Chef Keith Snow

Food Storage Feast - updates and status blog

<< < (2/5) > >>

Noah Darco:
Rustic French Toast video & recipe are live.

Written recipes backfilled for:

-Pumpkin Walnut Loaf w/ Maple Glaze
-Montana Elk, Bangkok Style
-Elk Bolognese w/ Buttered Radditore

jchiar:
IS this in the course?

--- Quote from: chefkeithsnow on January 26, 2017, 02:51:43 PM ---Update to my update:

Beef Stroganoff

My daughter has always loved this dish....but of course this time I used freeze dried beef....if I can borrow some vernacular from the millenial generation to help describe the flavor....."It was dope"  "It was legit" " The Bomb"  "straight cash"

Only fresh item was 1 cup of onion, which can easily have been freeze dried too....tender beefy tasting beef cubes, luscious sauteed mushrooms, a sauce comprised of freeze dried sour cream, beef broth, wooster sauce and a barely noticable scant pinch of pie spice and of course 2 tbs of sherry wine.....ladeled over al dente egg noodles. Olivia was like a rabid animal eating the bowl that was used for filming....

Seriously....this is a dish that is totally comforting, super tasty and very food storage friendly...a home run IMO  :D

Keith

--- End quote ---

Noah Darco:

--- Quote from: jchiar on February 01, 2017, 09:55:12 AM ---IS this in the course?

--- End quote ---

Chef Keith is putting the finishing touches on the video as we speak. It'll be up later today.

MTA: Beef Stroganoff video and recipe are now in the course.

rmoeggy:
Ryan in Central Oregon here. I posted on your FB page a few times when you were still in Idaho. I posted a picture of my resident elk herd when you saw yours. Now I've got a freezer full of elk and I purchase a whole hog every year. I just joined the course and I'm looking forward to cooking your recipes. Im hoping you have any suggestions for lactose free recipes for my little girl. Speaking of lactose, what the heck is dried milk good for? Thanks Keith!

chefkeithsnow:
Hey Ryan,

I wish I had a freezer full of Elk!   So much that can be done with that...Dried milk can be used in many ways...making yogurt, and of course fluid milk....it's not that enjoyable to drink..unless...you add about 1 cup evap milk per quart of of milk powder...just take the liquid volume...use 1 cup evap milk, then the rest water....helps make it much more tasty..I've used it in cereal etc... not too bad...

Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version