Author Topic: People Interested in Cyber Security around Charlotte, NC  (Read 212 times)

Offline jhull87

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
People Interested in Cyber Security around Charlotte, NC
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:12:41 PM »
Hey all, I don't know how familiar you are with the podcast/radio show Radio Free Redoubt. I've been listening a little while now and his recent topic has been Internet security. Much of the same things Jack was talking about in episode 1728 labeled "Privacy Policy in a Mass Surveillance Age". The host of RFR, John Jacob has went much deeper in the past few episodes.  One of the things he suggest is taking a class with Kris from combatstudiesgroup.blogspot.com/?m=1. This guy really seems to know his stuff..to the point he's developing his own laptops, cell phones, and routers to use for those that are interested. For those of us that don't want to dive that deep down the rabbit hole, his class is based on VPNS, secure email servers, the TOR network, and how to use all of it. If anyone would be interested in attending, he does not have a class coming around our area yet. I'd personally love to hear him speak. So if you'd like an event here, let me know and we can try to get a group together to lure him here. If you have any questions about what the class entails or what it's about, I'll pass on what I know.

Also, I know RFR works with a lot of the HAMS with AMRRON, I don't want to double paste this so if someone is a HAM that's interested, that board might like to see this as well.

Thanks all, John