Community & Regional Connections > Region Three

Western NC jobs

(1/1)

huntsman78:
Hello all, I am planning on fleeing Minnesota this summer and moving down to western NC. Wondering if anyone knows of any job openings? I have been a welder/fabricator for the past 11 years. I've welded stainless, aluminum, and steel. From .035" up to thick material. I also have an auto-tech and chassis fabrication certificate from Wyotech so I was considering trying to get into the racing industry down there. I have also been successful in sales and have been giving that consideration as well. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

goofyshooter:
Where is western NC are you thinking?

huntsman78:
preferably around a 30 mile radious of Hickory. I'm still not exactly sure where we will end up living, but I have family in Hickory so we would like to stay near there. I found a property that I really like near Morganton but I don't know if it will still be available in a couple months when I close on my house here in MN.

The Spartan Dad:
In terms of the job market, you have Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston Salem, and Asheville within a reasonable driving distance of Hickory. Lots of rural land surrounding each of these cities.

Charlotte is a booming city. I don't know what specifically in welding would be offered but there's a lot of construction going on. There's also lots of companies with sales positions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version