Author Topic: AUGASON..... Fettuccine Alfredo  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
AUGASON..... Fettuccine Alfredo
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:40:44 AM »
  I thought I would give a review of some long term storage foods as I so rarely hear that people actually EAT what they store. This Fettuccine Alfredo is a typical meal in a SUPER CAN (with 4 sealed pouches in the #10 can) and FOUR 300 Calorie servings per pouch. Easy to prepare...open pouch....remove oxygen absorb er, add to 4 1/2 cups of water and stir while hot for a bit over 10 - 12 minutes as noodles soften and sauce thickens. I like the thick,rich,smooth ,sauce ...kind of a taste of combined chicken,mushroom,cheese taste (I don't often eat Alfredo) it is a good taste and the product fills you up....even the dog likes it. I bought this when on discount and paid about $9 ...INCLUDING SHIPPING from Amazon...Always watch for sale prices and I shop for equal or less than $2 per meal for economy even while I also get the rotational storage from my multi-family BOL much of the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBWWXT3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: AUGASON..... Fettuccine Alfredo
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:23:59 AM »
thank you Carl, for the review.  I also did not know that some places put pouches in #10 cans.  What a great idea!

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
thank you Carl, for the review.  I also did not know that some places put pouches in #10 cans.  What a great idea!

Besides the pasta sticking together a bit the meal was great and I have a great #10 can for a future project.

More about the can...They float when sealed and full of product,They can be used to cook the product or boil water etc,they also come with a plastic top to reseal product as most are good for one year after opening can. I have even used one as a wood burning pit...with vents and it held up well for many days.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Thanks Carl,