Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

Negligent discharge

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jack Crabb:
As the old saying goes, there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who have had a ND, and those who will.

JerseyVince:

--- Quote from: Luv2ryd2002 on April 04, 2014, 07:55:20 PM ---Cedar, thanks. I always prided myself on being safe with my firearms and I'm extremely embarrassed.  I now have a 230 grain fmj under the carpet in the bedroom.  I don't think there will be a confession until we replace carpets.

--- End quote ---

Is there a .45 Colt Automatic involved in this story?

David in MN:
I've witnessed 2 NDs and once witnessed a guy look down the barrel after a primer failed. You'd think people yell and get angry but quite the opposite. Everyone gets quiet and focuses on how bad it could have been.

As I pointed out, the 4 rules of gun safety have a crossover effect where you must violate all 4 to have a real bad day. A slug in the floor sucks but better than where it could have ended up. Take it as a learning experience.

endurance:
I've known several people who've  had them. One shot himself in the calf while reholstering. Fortunately it was a .22 and there was no permanent disability. One of my instructors had a student shoot off the end of a finger. It's something I work hard to prevent by keeping rigid routines I don't allow to be interrupted even if it means ignoring a phone call.

Thanks for the reminder of why it is so critical to maintain strict discipline anytime you're handling firearms.

Luv2ryd2002:
Vince, yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version