Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

Negligent discharge

<< < (3/5) > >>

soupbone:
Thanks again for sharing. I've had one ND, in 1974, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but I'll never forget that hole you get in your gut until you verify that no critical damage was done.

+1 for your intestinal fortitude, and for putting concern for others [here] above your own ego.

soupbone

11 Bravo:
We have 2 holes in the cleaning table in our arms room at work, one from a lieutenant, the other a sergeant....ND's know no rank.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: soupbone on April 05, 2014, 06:06:58 PM ---+1 for your intestinal fortitude, and for putting concern for others [here] above your own ego.

--- End quote ---

Ditto that.  Thanks for posting and starting a good discussion.

Ms. Albatross:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bill on April 05, 2014, 09:43:36 PM ---Ditto that.  Thanks for posting and starting a good discussion.

--- End quote ---

+1     

and Luv2ryd2002, this is the first time I have ever seen someone have more karma points than posts on the forum.  That's how much the community appreciates you sharing this experience.

shambo:

--- Quote from: Jack Crabb on April 04, 2014, 11:15:00 PM ---As the old saying goes, there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who have had a ND, and those who will.

--- End quote ---
I am sorry to say that I am one of those two kind of people.  This is the first time I have ever said anything about it, ever. I am still very embarrassed about it which makes me thankful no one got hurt.  It has made me even more safety conscious  when handling firearms.  I thought I was damn safe,  well, I wasn't safe enough.  My advise to you all out there is DO NOT get distracted and over confident.  It can and will happen to you if you drop your guard. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version