Author Topic: Ohio  (Read 23801 times)

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly" -TJ
Re: Ohio
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2014, 02:58:29 PM »
Cool, I do accounts payable for UC. I will let you know if we do another TSP meet and greet. 

Offline AutumnDawn

• Prepper
  • Building a new life
    • Autumn Dawn
« Reply #451 on: March 01, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
I would love to meet you all at a meet-and-greet!

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »
We will have to do another one this year. Maybe late spring / early summer? How many people would be interested? I can rent a shelter at Caesar Creek State Park, we can grill out and get to know each other. Caesar Creek is about half way in between Cincinnati and Dayton. Also just happens to be in my front yard.  ;) Sound off in this thread so I can gauge the interest.

Offline BumperEagle

• Prepper
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »
Has anybody taken the PDC in Cincinnati?  This-land.org is a local permaculture guild.  Looking at getting my PDC.  I'm waiting for this iceberg to melt.  Trying to build a compost bend since Christmas break.

I have worked with Braden Trauth - head of This-Land.  Also had a chance to meet Doug Crouch a few times, who organizes the PDCs.  Seems to be a pretty good guy.   Really want to take the PDC, but won't be in the cards for me this year.

heliotropicmoth, Glad to hear you're taking it.  Let us know how it goes!

For those of you who aren't taking the course, I would love to see other TSPers involved in some of the Permaculture events they host.  Sign up for the This-Land.org newsletter for PermaBlitz's and such.  I went to one last year, dug some swales and met some good folks - even a distant cousin! 

Also, Braden et.al. have a permaculture nursery to support This-Land with perennials, mostly $10.  Open Saturday mornings next to Building Value in Northside.

Just realized I forgot to announce - Peter Bane was in the area for a book signing a few weeks ago - it was awesome!  I'll be sure to give a heads-up next time

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #454 on: March 06, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
Hey BumperEagle,

I am starting week two tonight and this weekend. Doug and Braden are both great and very informed. The PDC is focused on community and I am glad I am meeting some great people in the area. It is so refreshing to not have to explain what permaculture is when you are surrounded by people who know.

Patrick

Offline BumperEagle

• Prepper
« Reply #455 on: March 06, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
Speaking of things going on in the area, not sure if anyone is involved with the Cincinnati Survival/Preparedness Meetup Group.

There is a meeting this Saturday at the Blue Ash library.  My buddy will be presenting a 101 on Money history, current policy, and what to do about it.  Also a seed exchange if anyone wants to bring anything by to exchange.

Info here if interested:  http://www.meetup.com/Cincinnati-Survival-Preparedness-Group/events/151476542/?a=me1_grp&rv=me1&_af_eid=151476542&_af=event

Also, wouldn't mind seeing some TSPers at the Meetup events.

Offline Charlie17

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Ironweed Farm Pasture Raised Chicken
« Reply #456 on: March 12, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
We will have to do another one this year. Maybe late spring / early summer? How many people would be interested? I can rent a shelter at Caesar Creek State Park, we can grill out and get to know each other. Caesar Creek is about half way in between Cincinnati and Dayton. Also just happens to be in my front yard.  ;) Sound off in this thread so I can gauge the interest.

I'd be interested.

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #457 on: March 12, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Cool Charlie17, I know three TSP guys in the area that would probably come. Anyone else interested in getting together and shooting the shit? Late spring / early summer-ish at Caesars creek state park.

Offline BumperEagle

• Prepper
« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:11 AM »
Anyone else interested in getting together and shooting the shit? Late spring / early summer-ish at Caesars creek state park.

I'm in!  Missed the last time.

Offline AutumnDawn

• Prepper
  • Building a new life
    • Autumn Dawn
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
There is an event on April 12 that looks like a lot of fun.

http://www.rivervalleylongbeards.com/Documents/2014%20FAMILY%20DAYS.pdf

That link leads to the flyer for the event. I've signed my family up with two extras if anybody wants to take the two extras.

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »
Wow AutumnDawn, how can they do that for free and supply lunch! That looks like an awesome event. I will be in the Red River Gorge that weekend. Have fun.

Offline Rob_Cleveland

• Prepper
  • Energy Nut
« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »
Living near the borders of Lake, Ashtabula, and Geauga Counties with my wife and son. Looking forward to meeting some fellow TSPers. Folks around here are preppers by popular culture but don't really acknowledge it by name. There are multiple farm stands and gun ranges in every direction.

Offline BumperEagle

• Prepper
« Reply #462 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
Ok, so does anyone in the area happen to make their own kombucha?  If so, do you have any extra scoby babies that I could start with?

For those of you wondering what the heck I'm talking about, kombucha is a fermented sweet tea that has been consumed for hundreds of years in Asia and Russia apparently, and is known for multiple health benefits.

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »
What do you define as "area"? I am in SW Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton. I have the scoby's you are seeking. It will be a little bit, my last culture died from neglect and I just got a new scoby from the PDC I just did. I need to get it going and will be able to split it in the near future.

Offline CKMe

• Survivor
  • Just trying to figure it out
« Reply #464 on: April 01, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
Living near the borders of Lake, Ashtabula, and Geauga Counties with my wife and son. Looking forward to meeting some fellow TSPers. Folks around here are preppers by popular culture but don't really acknowledge it by name. There are multiple farm stands and gun ranges in every direction.

Hey neighbor - I'm south of you, corner of Ashtabula, Geauga and Trumbull counties.

I'm in Amish country, in a lot of ways the original preppers (in a religious, separatist kind of way that is)

Offline robkaiser.me

• Prepper
  • Systems-Oriented Thinker. @robkaiser.me
    • York Meadow Farm
« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2014, 03:27:06 AM »
Hi Everybody,

I'm here in NE Ohio - specifically Medina County.

After attending the Permaculture Voices Conference last month and meeting up with other TSPers I am trying to reach out to people in my area and make friends since returning back to my home state of Ohio.

Just wanted to post and say hello for now...will have to check back later!

Offline AutumnDawn

• Prepper
  • Building a new life
    • Autumn Dawn
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »
There is an event on April 12 that looks like a lot of fun.

http://www.rivervalleylongbeards.com/Documents/2014%20FAMILY%20DAYS.pdf

That link leads to the flyer for the event. I've signed my family up with two extras if anybody wants to take the two extras.

The event was a huge success. There was something there for everyone, including the adults. The members running it brought their collections of shotguns and .22 LRs with them and we got to try out a number of them. I have to say, I'm now a fan of the 20 Gauge.  :D My daughter (15yo) got to fish and shoot for the first time and we both fell in love with archery. I can't wait to get our new home and set up an archery range to practice on.  ;D

Offline ckrazy1

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Cincy Here more specifically Clermont County

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
Welcome aboard ckrazy1, Warren county here, but I work in Cincy.

Offline donny44131

• Prepper
« Reply #469 on: May 01, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
Hi Everybody,

After attending the Permaculture Voices Conference last month and meeting up with other TSPers I am trying to reach out to people in my area and make friends since returning back to my home state of Ohio.

Cuyahoga county here. I'm jealous you got to go to voices. I'm thinking about getting the videos, do you think they are worth it?

Offline bradleypaul75

• Senior Survivalist
  • there is no spoon.
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I am awfully close to you all too.

Offline Rouger10

• Prepper
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »
I am awfully close to you all too.

I'm in Brecksville, Cuyahoga county.  Be great to have a "local" meet up sometime.

Roger

Offline desmond11

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #472 on: August 18, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »
Dayton Ohio checking in...I would like to have some like minded contacts in my area.also would be interested in a meet and greet

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »
Welcome desmond11. We are in the Waynesville area, I work in Cincy, she works in Dayton. Glad there are more TSP people in the area.

Offline papajoe

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
How about NW Ohio? Defiance county, present and accounted for!

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #475 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:02 AM »
Hey papajoe,

I was born and raised in Toledo. I have been in SW Ohio since 1998. I get up to NW Ohio a few times a year to visit family. Spent a lot of time in liberty center growing up.

Offline DDJ

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #476 on: September 02, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
I too would be interrested in a meetup in the NE corner of the state.  I am in the Canton area.

Offline BLACK SHIRT

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
Ashville, Ohio.

Offline Montag 451

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #478 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »
Between Newark and Zanesville  ;D

Offline bradleypaul75

• Senior Survivalist
  • there is no spoon.
« Reply #479 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:34 AM »
http://www.sagesapples.com/pruningday.shtml#

in case anyone wants to attend. should be a good learning opportunity.