Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Processing Food For Storage

How do you can your tomatoes?

<< < (3/3)

LvsChant:
haha... works here, too.

I'm dehydrating a batch of tomatoes in the excalibur right now. I knew I didn't really have time to can them and didn't want them to go to waste... they are really so wonderful for tomato soup later, too. Something about the concentration of flavors in the dehydrated tomatoes really gives the soup a great 'zing'.

mountainmoma:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on August 01, 2020, 09:50:34 PM ---haha... works here, too.

I'm dehydrating a batch of tomatoes in the excalibur right now. I knew I didn't really have time to can them and didn't want them to go to waste... they are really so wonderful for tomato soup later, too. Something about the concentration of flavors in the dehydrated tomatoes really gives the soup a great 'zing'.

--- End quote ---

would love to see your recipe for the tomato soup with dehydrated tomatoes

Are you dehydrating slicing tomatoes or paste tomatoes ?

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on August 02, 2020, 12:25:06 AM ---would love to see your recipe for the tomato soup with dehydrated tomatoes

Are you dehydrating slicing tomatoes or paste tomatoes ?

--- End quote ---

I use both... whatever is ripe.

I'll share my tomato soup recipe... it may already be here, so let me do a quick search.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on August 02, 2020, 07:04:57 AM ---I use both... whatever is ripe.

I'll share my tomato soup recipe... it may already be here, so let me do a quick search.

--- End quote ---

I think I have mostly done slicing cuz they have more flavor but I have done paste

Dehydrated tomato powder packs a lot of flavor into soups and sauces.  And easier to store 😁

Stwood:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on August 01, 2020, 09:32:59 PM ---Wow, thought I was in the "Fritz's Garden thread

--- End quote ---

Oh!!!!! Brainfart alert!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version