Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Bone stock/broth

<< < (6/6)

Carver:
This has been a very interesting topic, brand new technique for preparing broth and I've learned a lot from this, I feel inspired to try it. Thanks good Morning Sunshine.

Morning Sunshine:
new development.  Based on the videos Carver shared, I think my powdered bullion is probably shelf stable.  So I bought some very wide smoothie straws and used my vacuum sealer to seal the ends.  I then measured a very careful 1.5 teaspoons into each straw and sealed the other end.
So now I have pre-measured homemade "broth" to stick in our 72-hour kits.

The food part of my 72-hour kits, I bought 24oz stainless water bottles, and along with the 2 bullion sticks, there are 4 honey sticks (the inspiration for my idea), 3/4 c each of oats, lentils, and rice.  I will add a few salt and pepper packets.

Carver:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on April 30, 2020, 06:26:19 AM ---I bought some very wide smoothie straws and used my vacuum sealer to seal the ends.  I then measured a very careful 1.5 teaspoons into each straw and sealed the other end.
So now I have pre-measured homemade "broth" to stick in our 72-hour kits.
--- End quote ---

Very innovative solution to the problem of containing small amounts, something I frequently run into. Thanks.

Morning Sunshine:
in looking for something else, I re-found this gem of a thread.  I thought to link here in case it helps anyone else.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=33845.msg379082#msg379082

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version