Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio How-To's

13.6 volt ,30 Amp power supply CHEAP.

(1/3) > >>

Carl:
I gain nothing by passing this gem along...a 30 Amp power supply for under $25 ia a bargain. It is small,light,fan cooled and runs off 110 volt or 220 volts AC (switch adjusted) and 50 or 60 HZ...so it can be run on generator ,wall power or inverter where many power supplies tend to choke up or shut down.

I have run 75 watt VHF and 100 watt HF radios with no problem on one and the heat fan took quite a while to engage. All you need is to attach (with screw terminal) a power cord and your radio,etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7CWSCG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

armymars:
  I notice in one of the reviews that you should cover the wiring of the wall plug with electrical tape on the power strip for safety. I like to use a glue gun for this Neater and it stays put. Carl did you buy one?

Canadian Prepper:
A few months ago I'd have bought two without a heartbeat, but the current Canada/USD exchange rate kills many otherwise good deals. With shipping it will be at least $60 if not more to my door for one, and it could be more if they charge a duty. :-[

Edit: I just double checked and they do not ship to Canada.

mountainmoma:

--- Quote from: Carl on February 11, 2016, 09:22:48 AM ---I gain nothing by passing this gem along...a 30 Amp power supply for under $25 ia a bargain. It is small,light,fan cooled and runs off 110 volt or 220 volts AC (switch adjusted) and 50 or 60 HZ...so it can be run on generator ,wall power or inverter where many power supplies tend to choke up or shut down.

I have run 75 watt VHF and 100 watt HF radios with no problem on one and the heat fan took quite a while to engage. All you need is to attach (with screw terminal) a power cord and your radio,etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7CWSCG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

--- End quote ---

would it work for a yausu ft100d ? I have one but it has no power supply yet, so havent used it. Also, the kittens here chewed on the handheld mic squiggly wire and chewed some of the outer black covering off, I dont thin they chewed into the inner wires. Can I replace that to make sure there are no shorts ?

Thanks

Carl:

--- Quote from: armymars on February 11, 2016, 01:47:04 PM ---  I notice in one of the reviews that you should cover the wiring of the wall plug with electrical tape on the power strip for safety. I like to use a glue gun for this Neater and it stays put. Carl did you buy one?

--- End quote ---

I have bought 4 and just ordered another,mine all came with a flip up cover and I attach the wires so no bare wire is exposed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version