Author Topic: Is it just me today (show 100 not working)  (Read 10842 times)

millerized1

Is it just me today (show 100 not working)
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »
Or has anyone else having a problem downloading the show today?

Ooooooh....I'll be pissed it they blocked it here at work......oooooooo so pissed.

Anyone else?

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: Is it just me today (show 100 not working)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »
I used to have problems after Jack changed the server. This week it's working fine. The show is working for me (in pop-up).

Offline Trash

• Survivalist Mentor
  • headin' home
    • Living with Trash
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
it came in later than  usual but it came in and downloaded fine.
good show Jack

Offline edhand

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
I am subscribed through iTunes on my Mac.  It downloaded and played fine.

Ed

millerized1

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »
OK, looks like they blocked it on my side.  Poo, that means I have to set aside time at night to listen.  Crap, made the paperwork go so much faster.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:01 PM »
You cannot download/listen from the main web page? Is that blocked also? If so, we might be able to make a work around...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:10:01 PM by Archer »

millerized1

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »
None of the 3 methods work today.  They worked yesterday, but none today. They have blocked all available downloads of mp3's, any video feeds, nothing audio/video or anal-io.

Meh, I'll just have to start burning them and bringing them in....oh, that's right, they locked down CD/DVD drives without permission...oh, and not allowed to be armed on post either....gee, I wonder why?!!?  Ever try to to online training that has video's in it when they don't allow video's?

Sheet, I work in building 308 on a gun free post full of veterans....talk about ironic!

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
Damn Miller!  I gave away your silver bar today, you got mentioned and everything.

Can you get to this back door

www.survivalpodcast.net/audio

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 01:24:04 PM »
Can you download software and put it on your system? I can host the podcasts on my server and you can download them from their using a secure copy program.. 

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »

Meh, I'll just have to start burning them and bringing them in....oh, that's right, they locked down CD/DVD drives without permission...
Can you drop them on a memory stick and listen to them off of that? Or get a low cost mp3 player?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:29:31 PM by Archer »

millerized1

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »
Goldammit......guess I'm going to have to buy a 'pod of some type.  All USB ports that aren't used for keyboards/monitors/mice are locked down in the bios.  Seriously, I came from a place where I had domain and admin rights, set up hundreds of machines to send out to the remote sites......  I can't even change screensaver at this place, can't add printers, can't do SHIT. Oh, Oh, Oh, and god forbid you MOVE a computer across a desk without THEM doing it.  (work order to move a computer monitor from one side of a desk to the other is 2 weeks....minimum!  Arrrggghhh!!!  And don't get caught doing it yourself@@@@@!!!!!  It's almost like they expect me to do work there :(

I'll check the "backdoor" to see, but if they're .mp3 or any type audio, I'm toast unless it's got a .gov address.

Sigh, my 15 seconds of fame, and I wasn't even there to hear them.....sigh.

Offline meancoyote

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
It sounds like you may work for the same "people" I work for, if thats  so, anything with a .com addy, wont be the same as before.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
Goldammit......guess I'm going to have to buy a 'pod of some type.  All USB ports that aren't used for keyboards/monitors/mice are locked down in the bios.  Seriously, I came from a place where I had domain and admin rights, set up hundreds of machines to send out to the remote sites......  I can't even change screensaver at this place, can't add printers, can't do SHIT. Oh, Oh, Oh, and god forbid you MOVE a computer across a desk without THEM doing it.  (work order to move a computer monitor from one side of a desk to the other is 2 weeks....minimum!  Arrrggghhh!!!  And don't get caught doing it yourself@@@@@!!!!!  It's almost like they expect me to do work there :(

I'll check the "backdoor" to see, but if they're .mp3 or any type audio, I'm toast unless it's got a .gov address.

Can you download and run winscp (it does not need installing - winscp.net)? If so, then I can grab the podcasts and drop them on my server so you can grab them... let me know

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
Of course, that is if Jack does not mind....

Offline 19kilo

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 09:46:09 PM »

I hope they didn't put a block on tsp throughout the whole VA. >:( 

I will see tomorrow night

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
If they do, see if you can download/use WinSCP. If so, I'll start a SCP site so you can download the podcasts that way (if Jack is ok with it). The worst enemy for an IT person is another IT person....   >:(

millerized1

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »
Nothing downloadable, nothing installable, nothing works.  Seems like someone watched their router, saw the downloads, and toasted the last of the downloads. 
  Guess we're stuck with buying a player, or burning and playing on a cd player at work......crap.  I don't even own a portable player, or anything that doesn't require an amp.  4M limit on emails so I can't send them to myself, can't access my :2082 from work, so ......
burn and play on a player.  Sheet :( Just sheet :( makes a just wonderful 4king weekend even more 4king wonderful.  4K.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
Ah damn.... Check into the Sansa Clip... I have a 2gb one I use for podcasts. Cost is around $40.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8553834&st=sansa+clip&type=product&id=1188561248598

Or check out this site. Cheapo MP3 players:
www.surpluscomputers.com

Offline creuzerm

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
I have seen some DIRT CHEAP players that are like 256mb or something like that. See if you can dig one up at a dollar store or something like that. If your only doing Jack's show, the small space won't be a problem.

And Jack is so good about his give-aways, that you would still have a chance to win!

Anybody got an old MP3 player that they aren't using that they can send to Millerized?

Offline 19kilo

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »
Ah damn.... Check into the Sansa Clip... I have a 2gb one I use for podcasts. Cost is around $40.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8553834&st=sansa+clip&type=product&id=1188561248598

Or check out this site. Cheapo MP3 players:
www.surpluscomputers.com

I have a two gig sansa and have almost 400 songs on it along with Jacks and a couple other podcasts.  I have plenty of room.

Ipods are for folks who are more into music... or name brands.

millerized1

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 06:10:51 AM »
OK, found one in the bag-o-junk at the house I didn't even realize I had. "Old" 4G Creative Zen micro.  I had it in the bottom of a box of junk I bought at auction.  Didn't even look at the box, just got it to sell on ebay one item at a time.  Need to do some battery work, but it works off of a USB charger I've got.  OK, crisis solved, podcasts downloading, life almost back to normal....or at least as normal as I'll be getting at the Millerized compound.

Thanks for all the concern. 

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
OK, found one in the bag-o-junk at the house I didn't even realize I had. "Old" 4G Creative Zen micro.  I had it in the bottom of a box of junk I bought at auction.  Didn't even look at the box, just got it to sell on ebay one item at a time.  Need to do some battery work, but it works off of a USB charger I've got.  OK, crisis solved, podcasts downloading, life almost back to normal....or at least as normal as I'll be getting at the Millerized compound.

Thanks for all the concern. 
I have an old Zen Touch. Worked great for years but now the hard drive is clunking and having problems.... Was a nice player..

millerized1

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Summer Beach.  I get a 24hr workday today (supervising some carpet and furniture install tonight), and I don't have my player.  DAMMIT.

Grrr.......

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
Ah man!!! That sucks...

millerized1

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »
I got to read a SHTF book, or at least part of one. All is not lost;)

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »
That's good.. Something to do then...