Author Topic: Maxpedition Rollypoly Backpack  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Badhog

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Maxpedition Rollypoly Backpack
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
I like my REI Stuff Travel Daypack http://www.rei.com/product/809163/rei-stuff-travel-daypack , but the Maxpedition Rollypoly caught my eye. Does anyone own the Maxpedition? The only thing I'm not sure about is the Velcro closure. Outside of that I like how simple it looks for quick hikes or use around town.

endurance

Re: Maxpedition Rollypoly Backpack
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
Hmmm, it's not a bag I'd opt for based on looks, but to each their own. I know that maxpedition puts together quality gear and builds it right. I've had the real deal and knockoffs and they nail the little details. Quality stitching with heavier thread, they heatmelt the edges before stitching so the edges don't fray and cause the stitching to fail, they cover open seams... Lots of nice finishing details that look nice and increase durability and longevity. Some of the knockoff stuff I've had hasn't lasted a season before falling apart. You might pay 50% more than a Chinese imitation, but you'll get 3-4x the lifespan.

Offline Badhog

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
It's not normally something I'd like either, but it's nice to have a bag in my trunk for spontaneous adventures or even with my pack on camping trips. If I want to take a jacket, water, snacks, and a camera it seems like the right size and folds up small after. Maxpedition has a more expensive version, but the added features aren't something I'd really need.

Offline outoforder2day

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    • The End Of The Tunnel
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
I have one... somewhere. I used to carry it around when I was hiking in case I needed a larger bag for found foodstuffs or other things. Sometimes used it when visiting a new area in case the wife or I decided to buy things that we wanted to transport easily. I would not use it as a daypack by itself, though, as it had no support and wasn't very comfortable. It's fantastic for overflow, though. I liken it more to a really well built version of the drawstring bags that everyone gives you at big cons, like these: http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-supplies/costumes-accessories-and-jewelry/tote-bags-and-backpacks/drawstring-bags-a1-551140-1.fltr