Author Topic: Looking for reusable, water proof/resistant bag  (Read 3648 times)

Offline bluprint

• Survivor
Looking for reusable, water proof/resistant bag
« on: February 10, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »
I'm looking for a reusable bag, about the size of a 1-gallon freezer ziploc bag would be good. Currently I do use a 1-gallon ziploc and it works fine except they wear out pretty quickly and tear. Something that will last a while and be mostly rain resistant/proof. Something that will last a while. With a zipper maybe? I could probably go smaller than 1 gal depending on the particulars.

I plan to put a container in it that needs to mostly stay dry but *could* stand up to a little moisture. Worst-case: I won't be losing anything terribly valuable if I lost the whole thing but I am looking for a regular, long term solution that will more or less work. "It" will live outside and will be exposed to (but partially protected from) rain.

Any thoughts?

Offline inconel710

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Not-so-New TSP Forum member
    • My 13Skills Blog
Re: Looking for reusable, water proof/resistant bag
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
Sounds like you're looking for a dry bag.  Sea to Summit makes different sizes and waterproofness - from waterproofed sil-nylon to rubberized bags.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Lightweight-Black-Large-13-Liter/dp/B001Q3KKGY/

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »
There are an abundance of watertight bags out there of that size sold by Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, and REI. 

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
aLoksak is what you're looking for.  I've taken my phone, wallet, and passport in one while diving in Mexico.  Everything remained dry.  I did double bag them but had no leakage in either layer.

Many, many sizes are available from wallet to long gun. 

http://www.loksak.com/products/aloksak