Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 1695 times)

Offline The Tactical Traveler

• Fledgling Prepper
  • The Tactical Traveler
    • The Tactical Traveler
Getting Started
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
Hey Folks,

This is Dave, aka The Tactical Traveler.  The Survival Podcast has been a huge influence in my life. It was the inspiration for me jump start my garden back up, which had atrophied to an orange tree, a rose bush and a diehard rosemary plant and now includes: Mojito Mint, Chives, Sweet Basil, Mesclun Greens, Peppers, tons of Tomatoes (Brandywine, Cherry and other Heirloom varieties) and even some symbiotic flowers, it has also helped me start thinking more deeply about money and investments and get over my "Prepper Burn Out". 

I'm sure my experience is not unique but I am grateful - Thanks Jack for all that you do! 

The Survival Podcast and to some degree Jack's other show, 5 Minutes with Jack, was the impetus for starting my own Podcast and personal Blog: www.thetacticaltraveler.net where I talk about and post some Gear Reviews, Preparedness Knowledge and mostly Lessons from my own experience on the Road and the Trail.

It's very new and just getting off the ground, last night I finished editing Episode 4 of the Tactical Traveler Podcast and it's all about how to Source Travel to "Restrictive" countries... I thought that might have some appeal among this audience which is why I posted here first!

I'd love to get some feedback from folks who are part of the community and see if what I'm doing has any appeal.  Again, I'm not trying to copy what Jack does - I couldn't even if I wanted to, and I don't! I think I have with The Tactical Traveler is a unique angle on the sometimes overlap between the Preparedness, Tactical and Adventure Travel Communities.

Thanks Guys and See You Down the Trail!

Dave