Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs

"Read only" forums

(1/11) > >>

Gamer:
I notice that the Political and Tinfoil hat forums are now "read only" and we can't reply to any posts in there.
What's the reason for that? Is Survival Podcast a discussion forum or isn't it?

Ms. Albatross:

--- Quote from: Gamer on January 03, 2018, 07:49:03 PM ---I notice that the Political and Tinfoil hat forums are now "read only" and we can't reply to any posts in there.
What's the reason for that? Is Survival Podcast a discussion forum or isn't it?

--- End quote ---

See this:
http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=61904.msg737266#msg737266

surfivor:
I think about 3 to 4 days ago some heavily sarcastic and condescending posts started showing up in the political discussion area. An odd contentious thread appeared in the tin foil area also but in general that area has not been heavily contentious I would say

What if you where allowed a quota in political discussions say only so many posts per day or every few days, would that help? To do that automatically would require a software change to the PHP engine but would be a learning opportunity for some person

Alan Georges:
I'll tell you, the continuing we-hate-Trump/we-love-Trump *ahem* discussion was driving a lot of people away.  There are other places for this kind of stuff, and it was in the way around here.  I'm glad for the change.

Carl:
  I am glad to see a return to normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version