Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs

How do I block a particular user from commenting in a Topic I post?

(1/3) > >>

LodeRunner:
If a user posts particularly ignorant comments which derail a topic I created, how can I block them to preserve the good flow of conversation?

LVWood:
PM the moderator would probably work...

mountainmoma:
I am sure a moderator will talk to you, but actually, looking at the post in question, your reply is the one that will be considered way out of line for this forum. If someone made a mistake, blasting them like that is rude.

LodeRunner:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on November 11, 2017, 12:29:53 PM ---I am sure a moderator will talk to you, but actually, looking at the post in question, your reply is the one that will be considered way out of line for this forum. If someone made a mistake, blasting them like that is rude.

--- End quote ---

Huh? 
First, I PM'ed the user in question and asked -politely- for them to delete the comment.  No response.
Second, the post is promoting known malware - which should result in an immediate ban.
Third, I really just want to keep the thread on topic ,and help folks learn about how to best use ham radio as a part of their preps.
Lastly, I have no tolerance for trolls, and this users posts in various Topics look like trolling to me.  A lot like it.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: LodeRunner on November 11, 2017, 01:53:02 PM ---Huh? 
First, I PM'ed the user in question and asked -politely- for them to delete the comment.  No response.
Second, the post is promoting known malware - which should result in an immediate ban.
Third, I really just want to keep the thread on topic ,and help folks learn about how to best use ham radio as a part of their preps.
Lastly, I have no tolerance for trolls, and this users posts in various Topics look like trolling to me.  A lot like it.

--- End quote ---

I see that you are new to the forum, so welcome!  We love to have new information from new sources.

no one can delete comments except the moderator.
If there is malware being promoted, there is a "report this post to a moderator" button - I have generally received almost immediate response when I have done that.
we do get a little off topic around here.  it is part of our charm.  If it gets too OT, politely mention that we are drifting from the topic at hand, and adroitly lead the conversation back to the point of the post.
Finally, I went searching for the topic you seem to be referring to, and the person of whom you speak is in a different country, timezone, and generally has GREAT comments.  Albeit from a different cultural and language perspective. He may be asking a very valid question, based on his limited knowledge of the topic in question.
And seriously, you out to go back and read his on-the-ground reports from the Greek financial crisis a few years back.  Talk about living the "if times get rough" snippet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version