Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Edged Weapons and Tools

Do you have a Nessmuk Trio or Coquina Outfit in your B.O.B.?

<< < (2/2)

Polar Bear:
Is the Husq a chopper or a splitter?  I find the Estwing to be more of a chopper and would like something that is a better splitter.  I like how you think of your pack.  I have the same mentality to mine.  I showed it to the guys at work and they were impressed, saying it was practical. 

Davew223:
It is about the size of the estwing so it does not have the weight to be a splitter but it splits very well for its size.  The head is designed to do both so it is a compromise for both but a really good compromise. You would not be disappointed in either task unless you compared it to a high end specialized axe.

The Professor:
I have a Busse Basic 7, a Bucklite and a Frontier Hawk in addition to a Leatherman Wave.

I've never been comfortable with the double-bitted mini-axe concept, but the Frontier Hawk does well.  If that's not good enough, then I also have a Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe, which is a bit larger.

Those together seem to do most of what I need, which is similar to what Nessmuk found out.  I've not spent anywhere near as much time as he did in the woods, but, these work for me.

The Professor

Plainsman:
Coquinas wrings:
I presume this is the predecessor to his Wilderness Guide,
https://northernbush.com/wp-content/downloads/woodcraft/Shields-George-Camping-and-Camp-Outfits-1890.pdf

So said, I normally have a Coquina Outfit more often than a Nessmuk Trio;
BK4,7 or 9 as a large knife
BK 16 would be considered the smaller knife
Vic OHT as a folder would typically round out the three.
But more likely Ill have another blade or three around. LOL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version