Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Bows and Arrows

Show Off Your Archery Gear

(1/3) > >>

DeltaEchoVictor:
Here's some of mine. I'm a longbow/recurve guy.

Hickory flu flu's with six feather fletchings & fake sinew wrap on the leading edge.  Flat white krylon crown dip.  They have 200 gr. Ace Hex Head (bunny busters) on the working end.

Bear Alaskan longbow, it's 50 something years old.  Gransfors Bruks hatchet in an old deer stand.

Some arrows I built for my wife.  They are douglas fir & tipped with .38 casings for bludgeons.

My wife shooting her old lemonwood longbow with no shelf.

Me shooting an old Browning recurve.

So, show me what you shoot.  Stickbow or wheelie bow, let's see 'em.  If anyone's in our neck of the woods, you're welcome to come shoot with us no matter what you shoot. ;)

archer:
Nice pics! I'll have to get my bow and and get some. It's a Ben Pearson Shadow (compound). I bought it when I was but a young one. Had it restrung a few years ago. I've not shot it in so many years the fletchings are falling off my arrows. Damn..

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: Archer on September 23, 2008, 01:38:11 PM ---Nice pics! I'll have to get my bow and and get some. It's a Ben Pearson Shadow (compound). I bought it when I was but a young one. Had it restrung a few years ago. I've not shot it in so many years the fletchings are falling off my arrows. Damn..

--- End quote ---

Get it out & knock the dust off.

I'm going to put together a few how-to ideas for gearing up & putting together some of your own equipment eventually.  Fletching, making arrows, etc.  just basic stuff to hopefully get some folks interested in archery.

djturnz:
So you shoot rabbits with the blunt tip?  Or am I missing something?

I tried to get into archery in high school.  I bought a compound when I joined the archery club.  In the weeks before the club started I practiced every day after school.

I got to do one thing with the club and I broke my foot the next week.  So I had to quit the club and I never really got back into it.

I have been thinking about getting back into it though.  Listening to the podcast made me think about it harder.

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: djturnz on October 02, 2008, 05:03:41 AM ---So you shoot rabbits with the blunt tip?
--- End quote ---

Rabbits, squirrels & I once killed a groundhog with one.  Groundhog is a bit big really, but I had him dead to rights & hit him in the head.  It's a small game head FTMP.  Squirrels can be a bit hard to kill with blunts sometimes, for that reason I frequently use old broadheads on squirrels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version