Author Topic: Looking for a good everyday carry bag that is functional/professional help???  (Read 10521 times)

Offline kbg

• Prepper
I work in the corporate environment and this makes it difficult to conceal carry my Glock 27 among everything else I would like to have with me.  I need a semi-professional, comfortable day to day bag. Something that I could carry when meeting with clients or take when I go out casually as well. It can be nylon just good looking and NOT give the appearance that I am tactical.  Any thought or suggestions would be very appreciated thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:50:53 PM by kbg »

James Yeager

These come in very non-tactical colors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83YVp6S9rA

Offline PBRstreetgang

• Survivor
You might want to check out Emdom USA's Tactical/Non-Tactical (TNT) Bag; more briefcase-like but functional.  Comes in grey and black for corporate environments.  Not cheap though.

Emdom TNT Bag

SwampMonster

This is mine

http://www.filson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2092403&keywords=257

Its expensive but working in an Government building I need something professional look, but did not want to tote a briefcase, I have had mine for 5 years now and it looks better than it did new.

Chuck

Offline kbg

• Prepper
All of these are great and will definitely point me in the right direction thank you all.  As always I am open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
I work in the corporate environment and this makes it difficult to conceal carry my Glock 27 among everything else I would like to have with me.  I need a semi-professional, comfortable day to day bag. Something that I could carry when meeting with clients or take when I go out casually as well. It can be nylon just good looking and NOT give the appearance that I am tactical.  Any thought or suggestions would be very appreciated thanks.

I have two of the Blackhawk Executive Wide Body Attache's.  As a Private Contractor, I was able to carry these with a Level IIIA insert on the inside along with a laptop in a padded sleeve and quite a bit of other office and business supplies.  They look like the standard Messenger bag, just made of black cordura.

They've never raised an eyebrow unless I was blatant about opening the bag and having anyone seeing the insert (which attaches to a removable velcro divider).

If you look on the outside of the bag, there's a single pocket. Between this pocket and the main body of the bag is another, hidden pocket.  You can hide a full-sized handgun (e.g., an H&K USP Expert, two spare magazines, a Tactical Flashlight and still have room for (in my case) cuffs and some other small items.  I think they still come with movable holster, spare mag carriers, etc. which can be moved and placed where you want them in the hidden pocket and held in place by more velcro.

Accessing the handgun is quick and easy and takes only a little practice.

You can find them here : http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Executive-Wide-Body-Attache-Case,439,1394.htm

Hope it helps!

The Professor.

Offline rev.tactical

• Prepper
  • Looking to make some good connections in my area
Howdy,
This is what I keep with me take it everywhere...holds my Glock 17 and four spare mags..plus wallet, keys and any stuff my wife doesn't want to carry in her pockets! Ive had it for a few months...sturdy and not too huge.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/crossfireconcealedcarrybag.aspx

Good Luck,
Rev.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
Probably too tactical looking for you in od green, but someone else might stumble on this, and it could be just up their alley.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=6095.0;topicseen

Offline TysonC

• Survivor
To the OP, what exactly do you mean when you say semi-professional? Would you prefer leather or non-tactical (not 1000d nylon, few exterior pockets) bags?

Offline kbg

• Prepper
Right exactly, leather would be preferable I am thinking I could go with something in between but if its nylon it would have to be pretty sparse on molly loops and all the hooaha stuff that we all like. 

End state is that if I take it to a meeting and I am wearing a suit I don't stick out like a turd in a punch bowl.

Offline Dave

• Prepper
I just switched everything over from the Versipack to the Maxpedition Sitka. It works alot better because the form factor looks more like a regular backpack (I got mine in black), where the Versipack looked more "miliatary" because of the side-slung carry.

The Sitka works nice because you can slide it around to the front. When I travel by air, my "luggage" is a Maxpedition Doppel Duffel, which I carry as a backpack, and run the Sitka around tot he front.

Otherwise, I can hand carry the Sitka as a bailout bag, backpack it for urban trips (mall, ballgames, etc.), or front mount it when seated to access items. The top external pouch is good for first aid/medical stuff, and there is still plenty of room.

I'll put together some pics for next week.

Offline Dave

• Prepper
Here are some pics as promised. I carry different configurations depending on the day and destinations. At minimum, I carry this triple holder to hold a cell, my PDA, iPod, and hand sanitizer.

That goes on my belt if solo.

If the trip is longer, I bring the Sitka backpack, and attach the 3-holder to the molle straps on it.

The H-1, M-4 and RollyPolly get added as needed depending on the gear required. I can mount those on the Sitka, or belt depending on if I will be mostly driving, walking or sitting.

The old-style hand carried bailout bag holds the standard items I keep in my truck; extended first aid, emergency items, batteries, charger cords, etc. This almost always just stays in the vehicle. Since I have been not moving it much, I bought a hard sided plastic tool box I am going to migrate all of those items to, so the bag can be used for frequently transported items.

The daily items change depending upon the schedule, so I repack that stuff often. Checkbooks, deposit slips, knifes, firearms, lunch, mail, binoculars, sunscreen, keys, etc., all varies from day to day so the setup changes based on that. For example, some destinations do not allow for CCW so I set up for not having that. Other times, backpacks are not allowed (stadiums, etc) so I mount the waistpacks on the belt. Between the H-1, M-4 and Triad I can carry almost as much as the Sitka, and meet the no-backpacks requirement. The RollyPolly comes in handy when retrieving items, but also when bringing something I won't be returning with.

The main thing is since it is all modular it can change alot. Another factor is the use of cargo pants. I have a bunch of these "Operator" model trousers:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapolicegear-operator-lightweight-tactical-pants.html which hold a ton of stuff.

For a longer trip, I can pack the Doppel Duffel and carry it as a backpack. For air travel, I can backpack that and chest carry the Sitka. I have gone away for a month with just that setup and needed for nothing.

Technically the Doppel is larger than strict carry-on size, but backpacked on board and quickly stowed I've never had a problem.

UrbanandReady

Look for the briefcases made by Jandd Corporation in Socal.  They specialize in extremely tough rip resistant bags that you may find useful.

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FLB

Offline LdMorgan

• Dedicated Contributor
You probably need something more along the lines of a day planner with ulterior motives.

Take a look at

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-hidden-agenda-walther-p99-kimber-3-1911-glock-22-sig-sauer-p239-9mm-walther-ppk.html

That's the Galco Day Planner--functional,  plus a convenient concealed carry.

Quite elegant, actually.

Offline vicious

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Building a better future
    • Payne Country
I'm not sure if it would fit in your situation, but I've seen people use camera bags for carry purposes. Might want to look into them.