News > General News

Never waste a good crisis, Clinton says on climate; Reuters

(1/1)

swanson:
This whole playing on the fears of the populace is going to lead to some serious backlash.

WTF...

swanson

Never waste a good crisis, Clinton says on climate

Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:22pm IST
By Pete Harrison

http://in.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=INTRE5251VN20090306

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told an audience Friday "never waste a good crisis," and highlighted the opportunity of rebuilding economies in a greener, less energy-intensive way.

(please click link for full article - post was edited by Alpha Mike, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations)

Heavy G:
How is this not CBS Nightly News with Katie Couric material?

Oh wait, I know.  The source of the story is a bunch of right-wing kooks.  Oh, it's Reuters.  OK, maybe not right-wingers. 

Imagine if Republicans said about the Patriot Act right after 9/11: "Never waste a good crisis"?  Oh, that would be different.

I view US mainstream media like I view Pravda or al Jezzera.  Kind of interesting, maybe the anchor is hot, but whatever.  Blah, blah, blah they say. 

Texas mom:
She's only stupid to say the truth.   President Bush wasted no time to further his goal of invading Iraq after 9/ll.    This is how politics and government works.

swanson:

--- Quote ---"Never waste a good crisis ... Don't waste it when it can have a very positive impact on climate change and energy security," she said.
--- End quote ---

'Positive impact' for who?

For controlling bureaucrats alone who are only interested in shifting wealth, taxing the wage earner for pet projects, and continuing failed social experiments that lead only to the destruction of personal wealth, freedom, and civility.

'Positive impact' my ass...

swanson

a.k.a. - Revenue stream for a government run amuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version