Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Cut Your Own Hair?

<< < (6/6)

RitaRose1945:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on November 04, 2015, 09:06:32 PM ---My hair grows very quickly, so if I had to keep my hair trimmed by going to have it done professionally, it would be quite an extra expense... by doing it myself, I am a bit more self-reliant and save some $$'s, too.
--- End quote ---

Same here.  Once you include the tip, it's $60 for me to get my hair cut right because I have a LOT of very fine hair and some pretty awful experiences with getting it done cheaper.  I have actually had a stylist finish cutting it and say "You know, I never really was very good at cutting the front."  That kind of bad experience, multiple times.  So I get it done about twice a year by a woman I trust and trim it myself in between.

surfivor:

I don't know why some place doesn't have hot looking women who cut hair. Seems like a business idea for someone ? They have hooters where certain women are waitresses .. I sometimes feel tempted to look in the window of hair salons and see who is cutting hair.

Too bad so many people give mediocre haircuts. I have been going to the same place for years. I don't always cut my hair quite as short as alot of guys, but I have to keep it kind of shorter for business reasons. So much for discrimination, if you are a guy and your hair is kind of long, your chances of getting hired go way down. 

RitaRose1945:

--- Quote from: surfivor on November 05, 2015, 06:59:38 AM ---I don't always cut my hair quite as short as alot of guys, but I have to keep it kind of shorter for business reasons. So much for discrimination, if you are a guy and your hair is kind of long, your chances of getting hired go way down.

--- End quote ---

Try working in academia.  We actually think long hair makes you smarter.

alpacamade:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on November 04, 2015, 09:06:32 PM ---@alpacamade: Sounds like you have beautiful hair...
--- End quote ---

Thank you

--- Quote from: LvsChant on November 04, 2015, 09:06:32 PM ---
That being said... I don't think you can really characterize all short hairstyles as un-feminine... differences in taste and style make the world go around :) 

--- End quote ---

I may not have worded my comment regarding my short hair as concisely as I could have.  When I took the plunge on behalf
of my friend's prospective wig, I did not realize what a dramatic difference the image staring back at me would be. I had hoped
for a sassy, tousled Nellie Forbush mop. However, what I actually ended up with was un-feminine in my own eyes.
No slam on the gal who cut my hair either, she did a great job!
------------------------------------------
--------------
Mary Martin played Nellie Forbush in Rogers & Hammerstein's "South Pacific."
GO NAVY!

LvsChant:
Ah... you went from very long to very, very short on a recent cut of your own hair? That kind of dramatic change can be a bit jarring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version