Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Media, Links, & Resources

Smart phone apps

<< < (4/6) > >>

hackmeister:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on September 05, 2014, 03:38:55 AM ---If you are looking for a podcast app for Android, BeyondPod.  It's awesome.  The free version is crippled, but I forget what it is (maybe limited number of podcasts).  As soon as I tried it out, I paid for the full license.  Well worth the price

--- End quote ---

Doggcatcher is the best podcast app for Android.

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: hackmeister on September 08, 2014, 06:13:44 AM ---Doggcatcher is the best podcast app for Android.

--- End quote ---
We'll have to agree to disagree. 

shaggyfrog:
If you want a beast of a phone that can survive it all the Casio Commando.  I don't use mine anymore (it still works, but I'll explain in a sec.) but when I did it handled everything I threw at it.  You could swim with it in your pocket, take a shower with it and listen to the music, you could let your toddlers play with it, drop it in your cereal, throw it down when you got ticked off, etc etc....  I work for UPS and cant tell you how many times it fell from my shirt pocket up in the truck out the door and onto the concrete down below.  I seriously could not break the thing.  Here's the downfall... it was sloooooooow.  Even the most recent one was outdated by the time it came out.  I really wanted the newest "smart"est phone at the time and the casio just was not in the same league as the other phones.  But if you can deal with it, it may be the way to go if it is still offered.  And you would not need a case at all for one of those as well.  But any other phone, grab an otterbox for sure.

A few apps I'd like to add to those recommended:
Podkicker (Pro) - best podcast app I can find, use it every single day.
cPro Craigslist Free Client - if you like craigslist deals
If your into weather I use all these together
   Pro Weather Alert
   Radar Express
   Storm Chaser Companion
   StormEye
Best maps IMO is your trusty Google Maps

I don't use a lot of gardening apps or anything, but I learn a lot from YouTube on my phone, and just browse different websites and soak up the info.  Oh and Chrome seems to be the browser that works best for me as well.

Good Luck!

shaggyfrog:
My post was a bit late  :P.  Missed the part about you getting the S5.  Nice phone indeed.

Jlpayne86:

--- Quote from: shaggyfrog on September 26, 2014, 12:44:52 PM ---My post was a bit late  :P.  Missed the part about you getting the S5.  Nice phone indeed.

--- End quote ---
It has been a great phone so far!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version