Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > The Repository

"Best of" Topic With The Best Threads For New People

(1/3) > >>

Heavy G:
There are some absolutely awesome threads on this forum.  Very informative, entertaining, just great reading.

And lots of them died out a few months ago. 

There several hundred new people on this forum since then.  They may not see these really good gems, and might be hesitant to reply to a topic that hasn't had any activity since November, 2008.

So how about a new topic called something like "Best Of" with the really good ones.  I trust the moderators to select the ones worthy of "best of" status.

DeltaEchoVictor:
It's not a bad idea...but there is so much going on here & there are so many new people it's becoming difficult to keep up with.  For my part, it's all I can do to keep up with all the info contained in the new threads.  I can't get everything read now that I want to, much less going back thru the boards and figuring out what the best old threads are.

This is something you members should do.  You guys know what some of your favorite threads are...do a little thread necromancy & bring them back to the top.   It's a forum, as far as I'm concerned any thread that hasn't been locked is fair game.  Go find your favorites and drag them back to the top with three little letters...BTT (back to top).

fritz_monroe:
I agree that it is a good idea and I understand that the mods have their hands full with the new posts.  Maybe we can use this thread to get ideas of what the members want to see as must know threads.  Then create a new sticky thread with links to these good threads.  The problem with this would be keeping the general chit chat out of that sticky thread.  Is it possible to make a sticky thread that is only writable by a single person?

BigDanInTX:
I don't know, but it sounds like Heavy G just nominated himself... ;-]

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on March 02, 2009, 09:50:42 AM ---I agree that it is a good idea and I understand that the mods have their hands full with the new posts.  Maybe we can use this thread to get ideas of what the members want to see as must know threads.  Then create a new sticky thread with links to these good threads.  The problem with this would be keeping the general chit chat out of that sticky thread.  Is it possible to make a sticky thread that is only writable by a single person?

--- End quote ---
Yep, go check out the The Repository for an example.

The problem is, we'll quickly amass threads & quickly run out of time keeping it updated.  That's one of the reasons we decided to keep The Repository limited in it's scope.

My best suggestion is to use the search function if you're looking for specific information.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version