Author Topic: ordered new Compound Bow  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
ordered new Compound Bow
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
just ordered a new Hoyt Rampage.(the old bear bow just would work,old slow real noisy and heavy)
got a middle price point to see if my shoulder could handle it still.
getting it in 50 -60 pound range plenty for what i'll be stalking.(turkey deer and elk ect.)
kinda anxious to start punching paper

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: ordered new Compound Bow
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »
picked up my new Bow it's a Hoyt rampage,mid price range.(but i did like their all graphite top of the line big dog, it is sweet)
since i last shot MANY YEARS AGO,the bows have changed.
they are shorter and lighter(composite limbs and risers),less jump and noise when you shoot since the limbs go up/down instead of forward.
got the 50-60lb.used to shoot 65lbs so after reading a couple articles from different sources. "a bow should not kill you if you pull it back."
it's plenty big enough for anything on this continent.
bought it as a package came with quiver,sight and rest(whisper bis).
started shooting again first issue was my old release aid misfired on my second arrow(first time for this ever for me,luckily it went into the straw right at the top)
so old release went into trash and used the opportunity to order a new one with a case.still waiting for it to be shipped.
so picked up a new index finger release,it works good but still think i like the thumb style,once the i get my order in i can compare the 2.

Offline survivNca

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
Thats a sweet looking machine. 50 to 60 is more than enough. I have seen alot of woman kill big game with 45 pound bows. Shot placement and enough kinetic energy to get it there and its game over. I like the thumb release as well. I feel i have more control over the bow and better form on release. Enjoy. theres nothing like watching an arrow in flight.

Offline technicalanarchy

• Senior Survivalist
  • That's Pep in my profile pic
    • Response Technical
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
Super nice! I wish I still had a place to shoot mine. Bows are so much fun!

Offline Bolomark

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »
I'm shooting down my driveway,can get at least 40 yards.