Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Coronavirus COVID-19 (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV) outbreak in China

<< < (277/279) > >>

iam4liberty:
You generally don't take Hydroxychloroquine with Remdesivir.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: iam4liberty on October 03, 2020, 03:41:19 PM ---You generally don't take Hydroxychloroquine with Remdesivir.

--- End quote ---

Ah, you're right:

BioSpace, 6/16/20: FDA Warns Against Co-Administering Remdesivir with Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine

--- Quote ---The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned about a newly-discovered potential drug interaction with remdesivir Monday afternoon. The warning came only a few hours after the FDA rescinded Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19. ...

Based on a non-clinical laboratory study in which remdesivir was administered with either chloroquine phosphate or hydroxychloroquine sulfate, the FDA revised its fact sheet for health care providers so that co-administration of these drugs is no longer recommended. The change in recommendation is based on the suggestion that co-administration diminishes remdesivir’s antiviral activity. The FDA admits the anti-viral effect was only seen in a non-clinical setting. It has not been observed among patients.

The fact sheet noted that co-administration of these drugs, during an in vitro study, demonstrated a dose-dependent “antagonistic effect of chloroquine on the intracellular metabolic activation and antiviral activity of remdesivir.” ...
--- End quote ---

David in MN:
I don't for one second believe Trump is ill. You mean to tell me that he miraculously threaded the needle with a 2 week disease that will not interrupt his planned debates and cast him as a victim and heroic survivor?

I can write his speech now. "I didn't have the luxury of hiding in my basement like Sleepy Joe. I had to go to work for the American people and in doing so I contracted COVID and like so many of you I fought it off."

This is basically the ultimate retort to Biden's ill advised statement in the first debate about how we should think of our loved ones lost to COVID. It was dumb when he said it because 200,000 divided into 330,000,000 is .0006 so most of us are dealing with healing (like Trump) and not dealing with loss. But now Trump gets the trump card (geeze his name sucks) of being the survivor hero while Biden hides out.

I stand by my own belief that if it happens in politics and it reads like a dime store novel it probably isn't true. It's such an alpha move he's literally claiming he's sick because he was too close to former model Hope Hicks. Like his problem is that there are too many hot chicks around.

BS.

LvsChant:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you... while he is gaining some sympathy for this, he is garnering a lot more criticism for not being cautious (as the good Biden camp folks are). I think he would have been quite happy to have gone through the whole thing without contracting the disease... Plus, there are an awful lot of medical folks, etc., who would all have to be colluding on this... just doesn't seem plausible.

David in MN:
How about the impact on Africa? I know, I know. The MSM is falling over themselves to report that case rates and death are lower in Africa so all is won. The reality may be a little different.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/08/26/impact-covid-19-childrens-education-africa

Unfortunately, the leaders of African countries mirrored the lockdowns put in place by the stupider than stupid western leaders. While it was bad for us it was devastating in Africa. In closing the schools they eliminated the primary source of food for many children. The numbers aren't clear but Malawi is set to have a 40% increase in child malnutrition. If that sounds sad, consider the options other than school. You could work on the family land or maybe get a job in the mines. Child labor in African mines has gone up 50% (by estimates) in 2020.

Africa has adopted the same strategy we all have: sacrifice the children to save the octogenerians. But in Africa it looks a little more dire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version