News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

Anyone have update on fires in Cen TX?

<< < (3/3)

LJH:
Checking in to see if any updates from Notorious, or any other members in the area. Fingers crossed your BOL is spared. Also, does anyone know if Marjorie Wildcraft's place is OK? She's somewhere in that area too.

endurance:
A friend of a friend posted this video on FB. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhcnDY9C0E

Dust of the Sun:
Would any of you in Texas PLEASE tell me why FEMA is sending all the firefighters home and denying all the offers of equipment and assistance...PLEASE TELL ME....I'm seeing really, really sinister allegations and frankly am frightened for the very future of our country. It's like war has been declared against the american people...on all fronts.

I can't believe Texans would stand by while our government allows the whole damn state to be destroyed. What is going on??????

endurance:

--- Quote from: Dust of the Sun on September 08, 2011, 02:43:36 PM ---Would any of you in Texas PLEASE tell me why FEMA is sending all the firefighters home and denying all the offers of equipment and assistance...PLEASE TELL ME....I'm seeing really, really sinister allegations and frankly am frightened for the very future of our country. It's like war has been declared against the american people...on all fronts.

I can't believe Texans would stand by while our government allows the whole damn state to be destroyed. What is going on??????

--- End quote ---
They aren't sending all firefighters home.  They're calling in national resources and in some cases sending local departments home so they can be available for initial attack.  One of the worst things you can do is drain local resources in incidents like this and thus have no one to respond to small fires, which in turn become large fires.

ShannonB:
I know they recently sent some home who had been working 7 days straight to keep them from being exhausted and making mistakes or taking injuries. They are switching crews out to avoid this. Plus what endurance said. Some of these fires are spreading into areas where the volunteers are from, they are more needed on their home turf with the arrival of national resources.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version