Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Outdoors Activities

I found an interesting LED LANTERN/LIGHT with long life and waterproof

<< < (2/12) > >>

Carl:
  My light just arrived thanks to AMAZON Pryme and a grumpy USPS postal driver.

You turn it on with a waterproof click button and it starts at LOW,which is great,next click is HIGH and impressively so,even in daylight.
Then another click and you get solid red (at about the low level white output) and another click gets flashing red...note that a BLUE single LED flashes while the RED is in use and may be the SOS feature though it is pretty useless. The same BLUE light flashes during charging and my test showed it charging at 530 Milliamps (1/2 Amp) when it came in partially charged.The USB charge cord plugs in once you unscrew the water tight MAGNETIC end cap that has a 'keeper' 2 inch lanyard to keep it with the lamp.The LEDs that light the lamp are on a panel and so illuminate about 180 degrees rather than 360 as light in you face actually causes problems when trying to work with a lantern I LIKE THIS FEATURE .

The top metal loop for hanging will do good when a clip hook or paracord lanyard are added and the magnetic base is strong enough t0o hold the light horizontal or even hanging from the magnet as it is lightweight and the button is concealed so pack carry should not cause it to light by accident.

NOTE,if it is DEAD and will not light,return it as defective because Lithium cells decay rapidly when fully discharged even if charging it makes the light work,I refuse to accept a 'crippled' cell with limited future life ahead.

I expect a 6 hour on HIGH,20 hours on LOW and the 50 advertised hours from the RED,night vision saving,lamp or the flashing RED lamp.

Carl:

--- Quote from: chad on September 24, 2017, 10:27:36 AM ---Gotta love Amazon pricing it up to $11.99

Waiting for the big brown truck.....

--- End quote ---

Often happens when traffic indicates interest in products sold at discount prices. I am playing with mine and it is still a value at $12 in my opinion.

chad:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 24, 2017, 10:32:10 AM ---  My light just arrived thanks to AMAZON Pryme and a grumpy USPS postal driver.

You turn it on with a waterproof click button and it starts at LOW,which is great,next click is HIGH and impressively so,even in daylight.
Then another click and you get solid red (at about the low level white output) and another click gets flashing red...note that a BLUE single LED flashes while the RED is in use and may be the SOS feature though it is pretty useless. The same BLUE light flashes during charging and my test showed it charging at 530 Milliamps (1/2 Amp) when it came in partially charged.The USB charge cord plugs in once you unscrew the water tight MAGNETIC end cap that has a 'keeper' 2 inch lanyard to keep it with the lamp.The LEDs that light the lamp are on a panel and so illuminate about 180 degrees rather than 360 as light in you face actually causes problems when trying to work with a lantern I LIKE THIS FEATURE .

The top metal loop for hanging will do good when a clip hook or paracord lanyard are added and the magnetic base is strong enough t0o hold the light horizontal or even hanging from the magnet as it is lightweight and the button is concealed so pack carry should not cause it to light by accident.

NOTE,if it is DEAD and will not light,return it as defective because Lithium cells decay rapidly when fully discharged even if charging it makes the light work,I refuse to accept a 'crippled' cell with limited future life ahead.

I expect a 6 hour on HIGH,20 hours on LOW and the 50 advertised hours from the RED,night vision saving,lamp or the flashing RED lamp.

--- End quote ---

What he said...

Carl, it had a 50/75% charge upon arrival, so, good to go.
Charging now, will do the low mode test first.
Is it worth $10 I think so...

Carl:

--- Quote from: chad on September 24, 2017, 12:31:57 PM ---What he said...

Carl, it had a 50/75% charge upon arrival, so, good to go.
Charging now, will do the low mode test first.
Is it worth $10 I think so...

--- End quote ---

I would love it if the 18-650 battery would be replaceable , but it is looking good.

chad:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 24, 2017, 12:37:06 PM ---I would love it if the 18-650 battery would be replaceable , but it is looking good.

--- End quote ---

Yep, the only downside so far..you  need 2 as 1 is out of service while it charges or a different light source. All and all a good find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version