Author Topic: New Jersey - am I the only one?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline shall5232

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: New Jersey - am I the only one?
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Ok, anybody serious about forming up some kind of meet up support group contact me and lets hold some kind of get togethor. I hane spent the morning trying to seed this idea on different permi web sites and would like to meet up with like minded peoples.

Offline JustMeJennie

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
I know this is a really old board.  But I thought I'd try replying.

I'm still here.  Hopefully I'll be out of here in a few years if possible.  Or at least to a less congested area.  There are many beautiful areas in South Jersey and North West NJ...   But, I would ultimately like to get to a state with fewer regulations and fewer taxes.  Plus, if SHTF, We're pretty much stuck here.  We're practically an island, and have few ways to get out - as soon as the bridges clog - we're trapped...  Trapped with a lot of people.  So, I would like to get to the other side of the Delaware River if nothing else.

Currently, I am renting from family, and have free reign of our modest suburban lot.  I moved here from a couple of acres of woods out in farm country, so this is a big adjustment.  However, I am going to teach myself as much as I can learn on this piece of land  :)  I am trying to use this as a learning opportunity, and make as many mistakes as possible until I get to a more permanent set-up.  I already enjoy gardening and taking care of land, but this will be a new challenge.

I was raised in Gloucester County, and am currently in Camden County.  My family is basically all in Gloucester/Camden/Salem Counties.

Glad to see there are more of us Jersey people. 

Offline never_retreat

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I am the Great Cornholio I need TP for my bunghole
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2014, 04:43:47 PM »
Hunterdon county here. Near the river.

Offline joeface

• Prepper
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
I escaped. :p

Offline libertysoapco

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:17 PM »
Just saying hello, and reviving an old thread.

I live in north Jersey in Bergen County. Little Ferry to be exact.

Offline ArtWinn

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »

I live in Westampton. Planning on putting the house up for sale next spring. Taxes are too much and can't stand the corruption in Trenton. DW is definitely on board with the move, except that she works in the school system and is several years from retirement. In a way it's a shame because NJ even in spite of the toxic waste is a beautiful state.

Offline Jim-PA

• Prepper
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2014, 06:25:06 AM »
Having lived and worked in NJ most of my life, I'll agree that some parts of the state are quite beautiful. After jumping just over the Delaware to PA, I'll also admit that NJ actually has saner regulations and better prices in some areas than PA does.

Living just over the border can sorta give you the best of both worlds if you need to be near NJ for family or job reasons.

Offline libertysoapco

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Most of NJ is beautiful. Most. The more urban areas are not that pretty though. It's not terrible where I live but highly populated and very busy. For me, the most beautiful part of the state is the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. It's terrible what happened to the folks who lived there with the proposed dam many years ago, but still beautiful nonetheless.

Offline Trimbleman

• Prepper
  • Trimbleman
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
Ocean County here near Toms River.
Still recovering post SANDY.

Kevin

Offline sharpdogs

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2015, 06:46:33 AM »
New to the forum, but not to NJ.  i have been here my whole life and stuck for another 10-15 years.  i live up in northern Hunterdon on the Warren county border.

Offline outoforder2day

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    • The End Of The Tunnel
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
New to the forum, but not to NJ.  i have been here my whole life and stuck for another 10-15 years.  i live up in northern Hunterdon on the Warren county border.

Why stuck?
I'm also here (Hamilton) and will hopefully be putting an offer on a house in PA in a week or two.

Offline sharpdogs

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »
My wife has a state job.  Governor Christie signed a law that prohibits NJ state employees from living out of state and working in NJ.  You had to be grandfathered in.  I have to wait until her 25 years are in or divorce her.  She won't divorce me because it will make me happy.

Offline outoforder2day

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    • The End Of The Tunnel
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »
My wife has a state job.  Governor Christie signed a law that prohibits NJ state employees from living out of state and working in NJ.  You had to be grandfathered in.  I have to wait until her 25 years are in or divorce her.  She won't divorce me because it will make me happy.

Well, you both could just leave and say eff the pension. That's a restriction you've put in place mentally, but there is such a thing as cutting your losses. Life's too short to be stuck in a place you hate for 25 years.
Also, moving in an of itself might not make the situation better, imho. Happiness is a mindset, not a location. Figure out what's making you miserable in the state and maybe you can find a way around it.
Good luck