Finance and Economics > Investing and Saving

Silver in 2018

<< < (3/3)

archer:

--- Quote from: Zef_66 on February 02, 2018, 10:28:54 AM ---Do you mean JM Bullion? They are good to deal with. I've never had a problem. But I find I can usually get things cheaper through SD Bullion, even when considering the MSB discount for JM Bullion.

--- End quote ---

it was not JM bullion, it was the place before them that he replaced because they tried s Silver MLM scam

DDJ:
The professor as always has some sage advise. 

Jack had the suggestion of having your property taxes in silver to avoid the State taking your home if times got bad.  I have taken that to heart and am working to have 2 years of property taxes set aside in hard currency.  That is not only incase the banks fail but in the event of loosing a job, never trust that it can not happen to you, spouse or ability to work.  With that said I am working very hard to stay ahead on my mortgage to avoid the bank coming after me too quickly if any of those things happen.

A trip to the silver shop 2 or 3 times a year with what I can spare.  Then it gets tucked away and forgotten about.  I like the idea of using it as a storage account and playing the game but I am just doing too much to watch.  It is easier to just tuck it away.  Pull it out once and a while to see if you need to increase or decrease pace but ignore it until you need it.  I do not make as much money that way, but then again it is not there to spend if I see the Hummer I want to buy.  I share that affliction Professor.

I think Jacks comments were in episodes 1190 and 1191 (The Holy Crap series which I recommend to all my friends who are starting to open their eyes.  Anyone new to the forum/show should find them they are a good listen and broad of topics).  I know that he recommends an amount of total hard currency in your portfolio.

surfivor:

--- Quote from: EC115 on August 17, 2018, 08:52:11 AM ---So how low does anyone think silver is gonna go? I see it is below $15/oz.

Been wanting to pick some more up, but am thinking I will see how low it goes.

Anybody got a good guess?

--- End quote ---

It seems low enough that buying some soon is not a bad idea. I am not sure if after the mid term elections if it will go lower or higher, so whether to wait or not is hard to say. I think I should buy some more soon however

The Professor:

--- Quote from: EC115 on August 17, 2018, 08:52:11 AM ---So how low does anyone think silver is gonna go? I see it is below $15/oz.

Been wanting to pick some more up, but am thinking I will see how low it goes.

Anybody got a good guess?

--- End quote ---

IMO, it will stay low(ish) until Trump gets out of office, for whatever reason.  The economy is booming.  Gold and Silver are "safe haven" commodities where people (and even state players) will store their cash when it's needed.  Historically, the better the dollar is, the lower gold and silver are.  As long as the dollar is strong. . .

How low?  Hard to say or predict.  If anyone could do that with certainty, they'd be  understandably rich.  However, that having been said, it wouldn't surprise me to see silver could go down as low as $13.00, but. . .to be quite honest. . .it's a good buy right now.

The Professor

18C Troll:
Silver spot is back at $15/oz. anyone thinking about picking some up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version