Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio How-To's

Protect your gear from over-voltage with EASY CIRCUIT

<< < (4/4)

Carl:
I guess you just don't already have fuses in line for your radio? This simple circuit works Please stop trying to tear it apart before you have built it.

exSun:

--- Quote from: Carl on December 27, 2014, 10:20:11 AM ---I guess you just don't already have fuses in line for your radio? This simple circuit works Please stop trying to tear it apart before you have built it.

--- End quote ---

I think it is a great circuit! I'm just trying to get it shown correctly. I'll email Phil Sallas - but I think he intended to show both fuses between the transorb and the power source.

Carl:

--- Quote from: exSun on December 27, 2014, 10:23:27 AM ---I think it is a great circuit! I'm just trying to get it shown correctly. I'll email Phil Sallas - but I think he intended to show both fuses between the transorb and the power source.

--- End quote ---

As it is drawn,it protects against BOTH OVERVOLTAGE(15V) and REVERSE VOLTAGE from people who don't know RED from Black. Feel free to add to it , but simple is how I like things.

exSun:
I asked Phil Salas, the creator of the circuit. Here is his reply:

--- Quote ---Hi ... - Actually, I don't think the negative fuse is even needed.  I
put it where it is so that if an over-voltage or reverse voltage
condition occurred, it would just blow the positive fuse. The only
reason I showed the negative fuse is because most radios include this in
the power lead.
Phil - AD5X
--- End quote ---

So it really just represents the existing radio fusing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version