Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

How hungry would you have to be to eat _____ ?

(1/15) > >>

HelenWheels:
I'd have to be pretty doggone near starvation before I'd eat"

- an egg that wasn't scrambled

- organ meat (liver, heart, gizzard, brains, chitterlings, kidney, lung), sweetbreads or odd animal parts (chicken feet, chicken combs, egg sacs)

- scrapple, headcheese... any jellied-meat

- raw fat (blubber)

- some types of fish (sardines, anchovies, herring, eel, lutefisk, etc)

- rat, mouse, dog, cat, horse meat

- worms, grubs and various other insects

I gotta stop - I'm grossing myself out...

mash:

scrappy:
Heh.  Of the things you list, I've eaten:

- raw eggs
- liver, heart, gizzard, brain, kidney
- chicken feet
- scrapple, headcheese
- sardines, anchovies, herring, eel
- horse
- witchetty grubs

I don't like kidney.  I used to put raw eggs in a glass of milk for breakfast.  And there are very few things better than a pizza with anchovies.  Mmmmm.  I tried to get dog meat in China, but was told it was out of season.  They only eat dog in the winter, I was there in the middle of the summer.

I've also eaten sea slugs, jellyfish, whole baby octopus (their heads pop most unpleasantly when you bite into them), rotten salmon, durian (a fruit that the people of Malaysia and Thailand prize, but which smells like sewage), and probably some other stuff that will continue to gross you out.

I am almost always hungry enough to try new foods.  :)

Sister Wolf:
Oh, Helen.  You simply MUST try Unagi (eel sushi).  It is the BESTEST EVER food.  it's like dessert and barbequed ribs all in one.  making my mouth water just thinking about it.

On your list, I would eat: rat, mouse, dog, cat, horse meat, organ meat, and eggs that are definitely not scambled (I'm too particular about the way they MUST be scrambled.  I usually don't like scrambled eggs.  However, over-easy eggs?  OMG).

Things I would never, ever, ever eat, even if I was dying:  Balut.  Balut.  Balut, and also Balut.

That has got to be the most disgusting thing that people eat without dying that exists.  And I'm not convinced that the people who eat it don't die shortly afterward.  I think it's a conspiracy.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Sister Wolf on December 04, 2009, 01:00:57 AM ---Things I would never, ever, ever eat, even if I was dying:  Balut.  Balut.  Balut, and also Balut.

That has got to be the most disgusting thing that people eat without dying that exists.  And I'm not convinced that the people who eat it don't die shortly afterward.  I think it's a conspiracy.

--- End quote ---

I had to look this up.  I think I agree.  golly, I cannot even kill baby mice that we catch in our house.  Mature mice, no prob, but babies I cannot do.  Balut seems to me to be on the same vein.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version