Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

Tracking your progress

(1/4) > >>

fritz_monroe:
I'm just posting to ask how you folks are going to track your progress in the 13 Skills challenge.  I see one person's progress thread here.  But wondering how others are going to track progress.

One thing I'd like to see is a way on the 13 Skills site to update progress.  It may be there and I'm not seeing it.

maxrobes:
I think that's the point. It's a self assessment thing. A challenge to ourselves and if we're honest, we know where we should stand with each skill. Some skills have a tangible certificate you can attain to show mastery. A couple of mines due and that's how I'll gauge success. For my fitness goals, getting down to 230, doing 100 consecutive push ups and 10 pull ups are things I can verify easily. Along with progress.

fritz_monroe:
Yep, it's self assessment.  But like many of the other people participating in the challenge, I have friends from here on the forum that I would like to cheer on and watch their progress and to keep myself motivated by seeing how others are progressing.

But even if you choose to keep it 100% private as to how you are progressing, you are still keeping track of your progress.  Is it in a notebook?  On a blog?  In your head?  That's all I'm looking for, how are people keeping track of their own progress.

robertov416:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on December 04, 2012, 04:08:26 PM ---I'm just posting to ask how you folks are going to track your progress in the 13 Skills challenge.  I see one person's progress thread here.  But wondering how others are going to track progress.

One thing I'd like to see is a way on the 13 Skills site to update progress.  It may be there and I'm not seeing it.

--- End quote ---

I started a wordpress blog for me to journal and be able to look back... have done similar things for other endeavors before...

TXChikk:
Fritz I was also wondering how progress may be tracked beyond the honor system. I think most folks will be spot on. A few of mine will be certificate and others simply output like the website. Guess I'll have to weld something to prove that skill was attained :-). In any case I too think it would be great to support others in their 'visible' progress. Best to you folks too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version