The TSP Marketplace > Backyard Food Production

Sugar Addiction

<< < (4/8) > >>

Sister Wolf:

--- Quote from: Spamity Calamity on January 05, 2010, 06:34:10 PM ---I think alot of us can and should cut down on sugar but I still dont see any good reason for cutting it out of your diet entirely.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this 100% completely and absolutely.

Heavy G:
I can't say I was addicted to sugar, but I sure liked it.  And I never realized how much of it I ate and drank.

Then, to lose a few more pounds so I can be in tip-top shape for whatever might be coming, I cut back my refined sugar to almost none this summer.  I've lost 37 pounds.  (Mrs. Heavy G is diggin' it, which is motivation enough my brothers. ;D)  It's slowly come off over 6 months and doesn't seem to be coming back--except during the holidays when I had some sugar.

I'm not an Atkins diet freak or anything.  Just no refined sugar and almost no potatoes (which turn into sugar about 10 seconds after you eat them). 

I noticed that now things like apples and even V8 juice taste really sweet.  And a piece of candy is almost unbearably sweet.

I view refined sugar now like a poison.  I don't mean it is really a poison, I just look at it that way.

Now if I can just trick myself that mayonnaise is poison.  Naw.  Never gonna happen.   

Hare of Caerbannog:

--- Quote from: Heavy G on January 05, 2010, 08:45:56 PM ---...
I'm not an Atkins diet freak or anything.  Just no refined sugar and almost no potatoes (which turn into sugar about 10 seconds after you eat them).  

I noticed that now things like apples and even V8 juice taste really sweet.  And a piece of candy is almost unbearably sweet.

--- End quote ---
That's where I am with sweets.
I still eat bread and rice but try to go with whole or wild grains whenever possible.
But anything sweet like candy or sodas is just too much for me.

I can handle a little honey on a peanut butter sandwich.
That doesn't address KYdoomer's question, but I find it odd that I can handle honey but jelly is too sweet.

edited fer speeling

Cool Blue:

--- Quote ---There are many things I have done on this journey to let go of sugar, and I feel this is the final piece.  It makes sense to me as I sense the fungus was partially or wholly needing the sugar to survive.
--- End quote ---

That's also why skin infections in diabetics are so dangerous.  The high level of sugar in their cells causes bacteria to grow like crazy.

forestgarden:
Now I knew that some of you would just jump out there and not consider the whole of what I had written.  Letting go of the addiction to sugar has been a multi-year journey starting first with cutting out refined flour products like bread, pasta, and cookies.  (Refined flour gets digested so quickly it is essentially sugar in your body).  Then cutting out refined sugar.  Then cutting back on almost everything sweet - semi-sweet chocolate being very difficult to let go of.  And the last being honey. 

Nothing is ever done in isolation and of course while working on the sugar part, I have been increasing the quality of my other foods - much more fresh fruits and veggies, almost all locally grown, and many of them grown by myself.  High quality meats, including more organs.  Fresh air and exercise too.  And a lifestyle choice of 'No I am not going to rush, rush, rush anymore". 

And yes, I do think there is a correlation between the toe fungus and the sugar.  The fungus is like a parasite that has its demands.  Cause or effect, I can't say, but getting rid of a toe fungus is a great thing to do anyway.  Why keep supporting that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version