Author Topic: Ohio  (Read 22016 times)

Offline EpsilonActual

• Prepper
  • Audaces fortuna iuvat
Re: Ohio
« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
Nice! I used to work at the Advance Auto Parts there in Columbiana until last March.

Offline Lurker

• Prepper
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2017, 08:30:10 PM »
Interesting... since that store is nearly in my back yard and I've shopped there a few times early in the year.

I think I had saw a few others on this thread who were NE Ohio, maybe we can all meet up some time, share some ideas and such. Good to find what one would hope are like minded people living near by. If you're in to craft beer, there's that too! ;-)

I have a friend who lives on his family farm, which use to be a dairy farm. He's trying to get some things going there again, I try to help him when I can. I'm also part of a group who get together every so often to teach/share skills. This Saturday we're going to be canning meat. Canning, there's something I haven't experienced yet, so this should be good.

Time to hit the sack, long day tomorrow.

Offline EpsilonActual

• Prepper
  • Audaces fortuna iuvat
« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2017, 09:27:03 PM »
Interesting... since that store is nearly in my back yard and I've shopped there a few times early in the year.

I think I had saw a few others on this thread who were NE Ohio, maybe we can all meet up some time, share some ideas and such. Good to find what one would hope are like minded people living near by. If you're in to craft beer, there's that too! ;-)

I have a friend who lives on his family farm, which use to be a dairy farm. He's trying to get some things going there again, I try to help him when I can. I'm also part of a group who get together every so often to teach/share skills. This Saturday we're going to be canning meat. Canning, there's something I haven't experienced yet, so this should be good.

Time to hit the sack, long day tomorrow.

Nice. Yea I'm a Store Manager for O'Reilly now. Getting together would be a good idea. Craft beer.....meh I more of a whiskey and mead kind of guy. I have been researching making mead and will likely be making or attempting to at least later this summer. It's a long day for me tomorrow as I leave tomorrow afternoon for a week in Florida lol.

Offline Lurker

• Prepper
« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2017, 09:37:03 PM »
Nice. Yea I'm a Store Manager for O'Reilly now. Getting together would be a good idea. Craft beer.....meh I more of a whiskey and mead kind of guy. I have been researching making mead and will likely be making or attempting to at least later this summer. It's a long day for me tomorrow as I leave tomorrow afternoon for a week in Florida lol.

Ohhh well, I love a good whiskey and mead too. Actually have a couple friends who make great mead and a friend who owns a local meadery. I'll have to introduce you to them. I also have a friend who is into bees, he keeps offering me honey and I think I'm going to snag some soon to try my hand at mead. Sounds like we'd have a plenty to talk about, looking forward to it. Hey, enjoy your trip (vacation?) and travel safe!

Offline EpsilonActual

• Prepper
  • Audaces fortuna iuvat
« Reply #514 on: May 12, 2017, 06:42:08 AM »
Ohhh well, I love a good whiskey and mead too. Actually have a couple friends who make great mead and a friend who owns a local meadery. I'll have to introduce you to them. I also have a friend who is into bees, he keeps offering me honey and I think I'm going to snag some soon to try my hand at mead. Sounds like we'd have a plenty to talk about, looking forward to it. Hey, enjoy your trip (vacation?) and travel safe!

Yep vacation lol. Travelling with 4 kids 6 and under loads of fun lol. Yea i think we would have a lot to talk about. Once I get back from vacation I'll get in touch.

Offline manwithaladder

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »
Central Ohio