Author Topic: Free Barn or Barn lumber  (Read 205 times)

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Free Barn or Barn lumber
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
A guy down the road from me, dismanteled a barn and rebuilt it on his property and it is one of the coolest barns I have ever seen. Just in case you want to try this too.. or salvage the wood/beams..

Aug 11, 2014,  Free Barn Lumber

Ginnie reports that, "A gentleman stopped by the booth at the fair the other day and wants to give away barn lumber.  They would have to dismantle the barn to get the lumber.  The barn is approximately 40 x 60.  Has lots of 2x6's, and 4x6's.  Twenty feet or more in length.  And other lumber as well.  Near Jefferson, Iowa.  The owner is selling property and the new owner doesn't want the barn - he will burn it down if no one takes the lumber.  Would be late November or December before they could begin."

For information about this lumber, call Ron McBroom at his land line (515-834-2026), or email Ginnie and Ron at cabot1@hughes.net, and they will let the barn owner know so the barn owner can then contact you directly.

Cedar

d3nni5

Re: Free Barn or Barn lumber
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »
Old barns can have great wood.

A friend redid the inside of her house with recovered barn lumber, once cleaned up was the most beautiful wormy wood (chestnut i think) I've seen.   Her place looks like a ski lodge inside.  All for free too!   In fact, quite literally, the remaining wood they didn't take was burned the following day.