Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs

"Ignore Boards" (new feature)

(1/2) > >>

Mr. Bill:
We just discovered and enabled a useful feature of our forum software: you can now select specific boards to "ignore".

I say "ignore" in quotes, because you won't lose access to these boards entirely.  Here's what will happen if you "ignore" a board:

* "Show unread posts since last visit" will not display any posts from the ignored board.
* "View the most recent posts on the forum" will also not display posts from the ignored board.
* The new posts indicator will not show up next to the ignored board on the index.
However:

* "Show new replies to your posts" will display replies, even from ignored boards.
* The board itself will still be displayed, and if you enter the board, new topics will be marked.
To use this feature, go to your Profile > Modify Profile > Ignore Boards Options, mark the boards you want to ignore, and click "Change profile" at the bottom.

Ada:
Time to ignore out the boards about gardening,  I hate gardening >:(

Pathfinder:

--- Quote from: Ada on August 11, 2011, 03:16:25 PM ---Time to ignore out the boards about gardening,  I hate gardening >:(

--- End quote ---

I'm with you, Ada!!!!!!    ;D

And yet, I have tomato plants, horseradish (thankfully a perennial) and herbs (ditto).

MightyRunt:
Thankyou for your efforts in discovering this option!!

endurance:

--- Quote from: Ada on August 11, 2011, 03:16:25 PM ---Time to ignore out the boards about gardening,  I hate gardening >:(

--- End quote ---
Time to ignore the threads on zombie apocolypse, I hate zombies >:(

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version