News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

We just had a tornado rip through 30 minutes ago

(1/4) > >>

Oil Lady:
It was only an F-1. But this is New England and we honestly don't know what to do when this sort of thing happens around here.

Kinda like when us Yankees are watching on the news when Georgia gets a snow storm and we see news footage of cars all piled up on I-95 because most drivers in Georgia have no idea how to drive in the snow ... we generally have no idea what to do when a tornado sails past us here in Massachusetts.

It touched down in the downtown area also. I was JUST getting ready to drive there also. (Fortunately I was running a whole hour late!)

Now that tornado is partnering with a second tornado about 10 miles to the north of it. They are both heading East toward Worcester (pronounced "wuh-ster") and Boston. And supposedly the tornados are getting bigger as they go along.

We REALLY don't know what to do around here when this happens. We're tornado-virgins.

Mr. Bill:
Boston Herald: Tornado hits Westfield, Springfield

Glad you're okay!

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Oil Lady on June 01, 2011, 03:14:27 PM ---They are both heading East toward Worcester (pronounced "wuh-ster") and Boston. And supposedly the tornados are getting bigger as they go along.
--- End quote ---

ah, Wooster.  and WPI.  thanks for bringing back college memories and the crazy things (G-rated, thank you! ;)) we do there

sorry about the tornado.  aren't there too many mountains in western mass to get a good tornado?  not that you really have mountains, just cute little round green hills, but still, I would think they are tall enough to prevent that sort of meteorological behavior!   :o

TexDaddy:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on June 01, 2011, 04:15:52 PM ---...aren't there too many mountains in western mass to get a good tornado? ...
--- End quote ---
I never met a good tornado.  ;) Actually, in the U.S. only the Rockies come close to being big enough to make tornadoes extremely unlikely. Any mountains significantly reduce the likelyhood of tornadoes, but it is possible for one to form anywhere.

Glad your okay Oil Lady. A tornado, even an F1, is a fearsome beast.

Nicodemus:
I'm glad that you're OK, Oil Lady!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version