News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

Earthquakes in Arkansas and Oklahoma

(1/3) > >>

Mr. Bill:
Bouncy-bouncy in the middle of the country.

USGS map showing the past week's quakes

Minor earthquakes rattle parts of Arkansas

--- Quote ---...According to U.S. Geological Survey data, there have been 19 recorded earthquakes north of Little Rock since Sunday, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 3.5. Monday's 3.8-magnitude earthquake occurred nearly four miles below the Earth's surface.

Most of them have come from an area known as the Enola Swarm — a seismically active area named after the town of Enola. ...
--- End quote ---

Earthquake shakes Okla., among strongest in state

--- Quote ---...The U.S. Geological Survey said the 4.3-magnitude quake struck at 9:06 a.m. about six miles northeast of Norman in Cleveland County, sharply shaking portions of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. The state has had only three stronger quakes since statehood in 1907. ...
--- End quote ---

Alpha Mike:
Well, I guess the word is out now.  Things are so bad here in California, we had to sell off some of our earthquakes to other states.  :o

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Alpha Mike on October 13, 2010, 12:21:43 PM ---Well, I guess the word is out now.  Things are so bad here in California, we had to sell off some of our earthquakes to other states.  :o

--- End quote ---
like a lot of the things you guys export to other parts of the country (crazy laws, regulations, people), you can keep your earthquakes too!

Peter Pumpkin Eater:
Yeah it was a real weird one for us here in Oklahoma, I work in Norman and definitely felt this one!!  The reports said people could feel it as far as Tulsa, Wichita,

Dallas, and Amarillo...only lasted a few seconds and afterwards I was like holy smokes was I hallucinating or did something just happen. LOL

Never would have thunk it !!

Pete

Pathfinder:

--- Quote from: Alpha Mike on October 13, 2010, 12:21:43 PM ---Well, I guess the word is out now.  Things are so bad here in California, we had to sell off some of our earthquakes to other states.  :o

--- End quote ---

OK, now I don't care where you're from, that is funny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version