Author Topic: Houston - N Houston area - looking for people to shoot with  (Read 522 times)

TXL0ngsh0t

Houston - N Houston area - looking for people to shoot with
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
I live North of Houston (Conroe area) and have been looking for someone to shoot with or someone who owns some land they might be willing to lease for some target shooting (I'll leave it just like I found it). I've been searching for a hunting lease and found a couple but need some other shooters to join in as an alternative.

The ranges are crowded and the hours are limited, I'd be much happier practicing on private property and feel it's better not to draw attention to yourself, especially if you own high end assault rifles, etc.

Offline jdn181

• Survivor
Re: Houston - N Houston area - looking for people to shoot with
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »
I live up on the NW side of Houston (1960/249 area) and typically go to Hot Wells during the weekdays - usually more quiet (<5 people there). However Hotwells might be a bit of a drive from Conroe. The other issue is that they don't allow rapid fire and require you to wait 3sec between each shot (rifle AND pistol. Seems a little juvenile from my perspective - especially if you do a lot of tactical practice). The other alternative is Shiloh Shooting off 1960 and Shiloh Church road. Great guys and nice indoor range. Problem there is you can't shoot rifle indoors since it's in a populated area and people complain about the noise. (Got a 22LR conversion kit for my M$ to get around this).

I'd love to have some land to shoot on, but right now the finances don't allow for it. However, if you looking for someone to go with you to shoot I'd be more than happy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone here will be gracious enough to let us use their land. (And if they need any repairs done on the land I'm pretty good at that as well and would be willing to trade favors).

Jesse

Offline millwright

• Survivor
  • Cold War Relic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:39 PM »
There was a small range out 1314, dunno if its still there. Someone was telling me about a kinda part-time range out of Willis. I would have to think about a pasture for borrow.......

Sandman

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:29:25 AM »
I'd be interested in doing some plinking if some private prop. can be found.