Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Days away from knowing whether you will be allowed to defend yourself and loved ones or whether firearms will be confiscated and the streets turned over to mobs.  Prep accordingly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronsmith/2020/10/22/assault-weapons-including-the-bushmaster-face-uncertain-future-if-trump-loses/amp/
Assault Weapons Like The AR-15 Face Uncertain Future If Trump Loses

The future is uncertain for the AR-15, a tactical rifle known variously as an assault weapon, a black rifle or a modern sporting rifle. While not everyone agrees on the name, everyone seems to agree that the stakes are high for their continued existence as a readily available firearm in America.

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his running mate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) have set their sights on assault rifles
President Trump opposes gun control and has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association. But if the Democrats win the White House and the Senate on Nov. 3, the Biden-Harris gun control policy would have a profound effect on assault rifles.
Biden has proposed to ban the manufacture of assault rifles and require that all existing assault rifles be registered under the National Firearms Act, which adds a $200 tax and lengthens the background check wait time from minutes to months. The government would buy back all assault weapons that are not registered under the NFA, a tier of gun control typically reserved for machine guns and silencers.

This is anathema to gun owners, who have long argued that Democrats are trying to take their guns away. The buyback would face logistic challenges because there are so many assault rifles, which the gun industry prefers to call modern sporting rifles, or MSR for short.
I hope it can be kept as read only and searchable. There's lots of good information here.
General News / Re: Well known Intel organization predicts massive depopulation
« Last post by surfivor on October 23, 2020, 12:42:08 AM »
That site deagel.com has no about page and no indication in the least about who runs the site. This is like the georgia guide stones where some very wealthy people decided it was in their interest to create a large monument with a stone inscription saying to keep the population under 500 million or whatever it was. The people who create these things stay very well hidden behind the scenes. I find it very creepy
Well darn.  And I was just about to jump back in, too.  Took a little time off after Carl's passing, then a little more, then...   Ah well, either we'll be back (doubtful? maybe?) or I'll see some of you at the next cool forum.

And you're right on all three points, Mr. Bill.  Facebook and the like just don't hold anything of substance for a lot of people -- including me!

If the TSP board isn't back, anybody got any suggestions for similar well-run forums?
General News / Re: Twitter, Facebook censor Post over Biden expose
« Last post by iam4liberty on October 22, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
Here is Tony Bobulinski’s statement in full:

My name is Tony Bobulinski. The facts set forth below are true and accurate; they are not any form of domestic or foreign disinformation. Any suggestion to the contrary is false and offensive. I am the recipient of the email published seven days ago by the New York Post which showed a copy to Hunter Biden and Rob Walker. That email is genuine.

This afternoon I received a request from the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs and the Senate Committee on Finance requesting all documents relating to my business affairs with the Biden family as well as various foreign entities and individuals. I have extensive relevant records and communications and I intend to produce those items to both Committees in the immediate future.

I am the grandson of a 37 year Army Intelligence officer, the son of a 20+ year career Naval Officer and the brother of a 28 year career Naval Flight Officer. I myself served our country for 4 years and left the Navy as LT Bobulinski. I held a high level security clearance and was an instructor and then CTO for Naval Nuclear Power Training Command. I take great pride in the time my family and I served this country. I am also not a political person. What few campaign contributions I have made in my life were to Democrats.

If the media and big tech companies had done their jobs over the past several weeks I would be irrelevant in this story. Given my long standing service and devotion to this great country, I could no longer allow my family’s name to be associated or tied to Russian disinformation or implied lies and false narratives dominating the media right now.

After leaving the military I became an institutional investor investing extensively around the world and on every continent. I have traveled to over 50 countries. I believe, hands down, we live in the greatest country in the world.

What I am outlining is fact. I know it is fact because I lived it. I am the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings which was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family. I was brought into the company to be the CEO by James Gilliar and Hunter Biden. The reference to “the Big Guy” in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden. The other “JB” referenced in that email is Jim Biden, Joe’s brother. Hunter Biden called his dad ‘the Big Guy’ or ‘my Chairman,’ and frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals that we were discussing. I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line.

I realized the Chinese were not really focused on a healthy financial ROI. They were looking at this as a political or influence investment. Once I realized that Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese, I took steps to prevent that from happening.

The Johnson Report connected some dots in a way that shocked me — it made me realize the Bidens had gone behind my back and gotten paid millions of dollars by the Chinese, even though they told me they hadn’t and wouldn’t do that to their partners.

I would ask the Biden family to address the American people and outline the facts so I can go back to being irrelevant — and so I am not put in a position to have to answer those questions for them.

I don’t have a political ax to grind; I just saw behind the Biden curtain and I grew concerned with what I saw. The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist controlled China.

God Bless America!!!!
I was back on MeWe - it is better than it was - but it is missing some nice to have features I love about this place.

Forums provide a type of interaction that Facebook and MeWe cannot provide.  A few years back, I wrote up An Introduction to Internet Forums for Facebook Users and summarized the differences:

In Facebook terms, a forum resembles a collection of maybe 10 to 200 related Facebook Groups, all with the same membership and under the same management. But there are important differences:

History
Facebook is great for conversations spanning a few hours or a few days, but finding old posts on a particular topic is very inconvenient. In a forum, though, the whole history is easily available, organized by topic, and searchable. This makes forums a better choice when you want to access (and contribute to) an archive of information.

Long-term discussions
Forums are also great for conversations spanning months or years. Customs vary from one forum to another, but it's common to find some forum discussions that continue for many years, or are resurrected when a member has something new to add.

Breadth and depth
A forum can cover a broad range of related topics, but by splitting up the discussions into many separate forum sections, it enables in-depth discussion of narrow topics. It's easy to ignore the topics that don't interest you, and to join other members in discussing interests that you share.

This is not what most people want anymore.  Or so it seems.  Everyone is captivated by the immediacy of Facebook and Twitter, and of course these behemoths have designed their algorithms to keep feeding you the latest and most attention-grabbing material.  It's rare to have a deep discussion of any topic, and even if you do, those discussions drift off the bottom of your news feed in a few days and are generally never seen again.

Forums have their own problems, though.  (You already know this if you've been a member of any forum for more than a few months.)  I've been a forum guy for 30 years -- my wife and I ran a dialup BBS from our basement in the early 1990s -- and most of the problems are still exactly the same as they ever were.

I will miss TSP Forum.  Mostly I will miss the amazing place it was in 2009-2014ish.  But compared to those years, the 2020 TSP Forum is sort of a zombie. :zombie:  Time to move forward.
General News / Re: Twitter, Facebook censor Post over Biden expose
« Last post by iam4liberty on October 22, 2020, 08:16:13 PM »
https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/amp/
Hunter’s ex-partner Tony Bobulinski: Joe Biden’s a liar and here’s the proof

Hunter Biden’s ex-business associate Tony Bobulinski accused Democratic nominee Joe Biden of lying about his involvement in his family’s overseas dealings in a stunning appearance just 90 minutes before Thursday evening’s presidential debate.

“I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false. I have firsthand knowledge about this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden,” Bobulinski said following The Post’s bombshell reporting on Hunter Biden’s private emails.
“That night, we discussed the Biden’s history, the Biden family’s plans with the Chinese, with which he was plainly familiar, at least at a high level,” he said in Memphis, Tenn., ahead of the final debate between President Trump and Biden.

“I have no wish to bury anyone. I’ve never been political. The few contributions I have made have been to Democrats. But what I am is a patriot, and a veteran, to protect my family name, and my business reputation. I need to ensure that the true facts are out there,” he said, batting away accusations that he was part of a misinformation plot.

Bobulinski came forward earlier Thursday to corroborate emails revealed exclusively by The Post last week about the Biden family’s murky overseas dealings in China involving both Hunter Biden and uncle Jim Biden.
Well durnit. New site finding time I guess, when I get time.

David and all. Maybe we can catch each other somewhere.
General News / Re: The Jeffrey Epstein Tail
« Last post by Stwood on October 22, 2020, 07:32:10 PM »
Sounds about normal on the coverups. Judges must be paid well under the table.
thanks for that update

The only other thought would be to have a single spot to post contact info - or possible follow on recommend websites for continued fun?  even if it is an e-mail to have you post the data up...just a thought

I was back on MeWe - it is better than it was - but it is missing some nice to have features I love about this place.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10