Author Topic: Suggestion for Kydex Sheath Makers...  (Read 3065 times)

Joel

Suggestion for Kydex Sheath Makers...
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
I carry my second-best knife every day, because the sheath on my first-best knife drives me crazy.  It's kinda like a high-quality but ill-fitting pair of jeans: It doesn't matter how good the denim is, you won't wear it if it chafes you.  So I sent it off to get the sheath fixed, it came back actually worse than before, and I learned something about how the hanger on a rigid sheath ought to be made.

For some reason I can't post pix here anymore, but the gory details are here.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Suggestion for Kydex Sheath Makers...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:06 AM »
An ill fitting sheath is an annoyance at best, & at worst it can be down right dangerous.

PM about your sheath inbound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of picture posting troubles are you having? 

Shoot me a PM if you'd rather not clutter up this thread.

Bighorn

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »
You can get a 12"x12" sheet of Kydex for a reasonable price, and make your own belt holder to fit however you like. Kydex is very easy to work once you get it hot with a hair dryer or heat gun.

Joel

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »

What kind of picture posting troubles are you having? 

Shoot me a PM if you'd rather not clutter up this thread.

Not sure.  I know the syntax and procedure for posting pix on a Simple Machines forum and it used to work, but now the picture doesn't show up.  At first I thought it was just that I was hosting the pictures on Geocities, which seems to be shutting down.  But I hosted these on my blog, posted one on The Mental Militia forum (which uses identical software) and it showed up fine.  Tried it here and it didn't show up for me at all.  Some pictures I had put on the "rifle pics" thread have also disappeared.  I've no idea what the problem is, but it must be on my end because nobody else seems to have trouble.