Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Document Package Phone Numbers

<< < (11/14) > >>

FrugalFannie:

--- Quote from: cbowseriii on November 04, 2012, 07:55:27 PM ---Would it be better to have it on a flash drive or print it off?

--- End quote ---

Both. 2 is 1, 1 is none. Paper is susceptible to moisture, fire, etc., digital record may not be accessible.

Crazy Fox:
There is some great advice in this thread!

I built a document package for my car this weekend and included all the basics (copies of license, permits, passports, birth certificate, SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION etc.) plus a complete list of all my account numbers which I "encrypted" using excel.

As far as emergency numbers, might I suggest numbers for local government information resources? I added the CO National Guard, CO Emergency Management Division, and the local FEMA office [I know the tin foil hat brigade will probably cringe at that last one  ;)]

AngusBangus:

--- Quote from: CTyler7 on January 28, 2013, 05:57:30 PM ---There is some great advice in this thread!

I built a document package for my car this weekend and included all the basics (copies of license, permits, passports, birth certificate, SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION etc.) plus a complete list of all my account numbers which I "encrypted" using excel.

As far as emergency numbers, might I suggest numbers for local government information resources? I added the CO National Guard, CO Emergency Management Division, and the local FEMA office [I know the tin foil hat brigade will probably cringe at that last one  ;)]

--- End quote ---

I assume a DD-214 would suffice in place of selective service? Are you draft age?

Crazy Fox:

--- Quote from: AngusBangus on February 04, 2013, 11:28:03 AM ---I assume a DD-214 would suffice in place of selective service? Are you draft age?

--- End quote ---

I would include your DD-214, if only so that you have a record of it on the off chance you lose the original or need to prove your history at some point. I figure the more documentation you have available, the better.

Yes, I am of draft age so I figured my Selective Service Number is a good thing to hold on to. That reminds me, I'd better update my address info with Uncle Sam!

idelphic:

--- Quote from: AngusBangus on February 04, 2013, 11:28:03 AM ---I assume a DD-214 would suffice in place of selective service? Are you draft age?

--- End quote ---
Angus - Would you know if you can get a replacement DD214?  I'm sure I have mine..  but curious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version