News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

Snow storm wallops Pacific Northwest - State of Emergency Still in Effect

<< < (2/10) > >>

iam4liberty:
Wow,  Hawaii got hit by that too.  That was one long storm front.  On bright side, this should give some water relief for California this year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/weather/2019/02/11/historic-storm-hurls-huge-waves-mph-winds-hawaii-rare-snow-hits-maui/

‘Historic’ storm hurls huge waves and 191-mph winds at Hawaii; rare snow hits Maui
Snow may have fallen at the lowest elevation ever observed in the state.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on February 11, 2019, 09:33:09 AM ---People were grabbing random exotic produce out of desperation.

--- End quote ---

:spit: :rofl:

Thanks for the laugh.  We're semi-stranded at home.  A wonderful neighbor with a big tractor plowed our private road all the way to our driveway, so we could probably escape if necessary.  I almost did a grocery and tractor-repair-tools run today, but the incident reports I've been hearing on the scanner radio made me change my mind.  So we'll be here a few more days.

I called and hired a snowplower who might get here Wednesday, except that his snowplow is currently stuck in the snow.

iam4liberty:
Glad to hear you are ok Mr. Bill.  That is a crazy storm.

Here is video of snow in Maui that has gone viral: https://www.instagram.com/p/Btt3wZZHsEI/

Now it's upper Midwest's and Northeast's turn.

Smurf Hunter:
It's raining and melting in the metro Puget Sound area today.

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on February 12, 2019, 08:16:56 AM ---It's raining and melting in the metro Puget Sound area today.

--- End quote ---

It has been raining for eight days in Southern Indiana. Once Northern snow melt gets here, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, and Kentucky will be in severe flood stage.  Considering moving to Williamstown, Kentucky to be near the ultimate water bug out vehicle.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version