Author Topic: ToolLogic LED/Firestarter combo  (Read 2080 times)

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
ToolLogic LED/Firestarter combo
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
A year or so ago, I bought a product from an online retailer and they shipped to the wrong address.  I notified them and as an apology, they sent me a ToolLogic flashlight/magnesium firestarter combo keyring.  I thought this thing was just a gimmick.  But I put it on my keyring to try it out.  It is surprisingly handy.  I've used it in the office to reconnect cables on the back of my computer under the desk, or when checking out the basement of a house.  I've used the firestarter a couple times while camping.  Works great and it is comforting to know I always have fire in my pocket.

The entire tool is about 4 inches long and only about 1/2 inch in diameter.  It consists of an LED flashlight and a firestarter.  The LED flashlight is powered by 4 button cell batteries.  Not much power there, but it is pretty bright for a tiny flashlight.  This fits into a plastic sleeve and is held in place by an o-ring.  Pull it out and there's a small firestarting rod.  The rod is only about 1.5 inches long, but is pretty thick, so it isn't going to break easily.

I've only seen them for sale online, they run about $20.  This model makes the most sense for me, but there are other tool combos available with the flashlight, a Glock took, diamond sharpener, magnetic base and hand cuff key.  There's also knives in place of the plastic sleeve.  See the ToolLogic site.

Also in that picture is a small capsule/whistle combo.  I stuff that capsule full of cotton balls and vasoline.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: ToolLogic LED/Firestarter combo
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:31:55 PM »
Looks like a handy & easily carried little combo.  Thanks for the tip.