Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Legislation & News

This years corn crops

<< < (2/2)

Redman:

--- Quote from: CharlesH on August 31, 2019, 06:28:56 PM ---I think the sweet corn did ok, Redman. It’s the field corn that’s been socked hard. It definitely will be a hard year for farmers. Usually one bad year is survivable. Hopefully weather will cooperate next year, and the Chinese market should fully return in 2021.  I’m hopeful most farmers will  recover.

--- End quote ---

OK, I can't discuss because living where I do I don't know anything about the field corn crops.

Stwood:

--- Quote from: Redman on August 31, 2019, 08:50:37 AM ---In the grocery stores I'm seeing corn with shucks and silk still attached going anywhere from 7 to 10 ears for a $1. That's better price than past years I think. Actually I think I saw 20 ears/$1 one place but might be imagining that.

--- End quote ---

That is really cheap. I was thinking your ears were probably coming from Alabama, where a lot of ear corn is grown. But their corn should have  all been gone a couple of months ago.

Redman:
Don't know where it comes from except Kroger will advertise Olathe sweet corn early in the summer. From Olathe, CO. And they price the stuff like gold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version