Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Transportation

The official 'post pics of your BOV thread'

<< < (3/67) > >>

Goatdog62:
Damn Punkin, you make that thing look tiny.

punkin:
LOL,  Im kind of big for it.   That thing will fly though,  even with me in it.

ncjeeper:
Just look at my avatar. Jeep CJ with a built 360 fuel injected. Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear both locked with 5:13 gears. 42" tires on beadlocks. Full cage, on board welder, and fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. :D

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: ncjeeper on August 23, 2009, 05:47:33 PM ---Just look at my avatar. Jeep CJ with a built 360 fuel injected. Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear both locked with 5:13 gears. 42" tires on beadlocks. Full cage, on board welder, and fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror. :D

--- End quote ---

"Fuzzy Dice" have all sorts of practical BOV usage!  None come to mind at the moment, but I'll think of a few.

VERY NICE ride NCJ!  I've got a Sterling 10.25 rear that I have had in the corner for a few years waiting to go in the 90 YJ.  I think it is the equivalent to the D-70.  I really want some 1.5T Unimog portal axles though.  You could pick them up for scrap iron prices about 5+ years ago, now they are almost worth their weight in gold!  Do you have any of the QuadraTech catalogs?  They have some of the nicest looking rides in their catalog "ads".  BestTop had a Yellow TJ that was my "Dream Jeep" for quite a few years.

Tim.

ncjeeper:
Prices are starting to soften for the one ton and rockwell axles. I hadnt priced portals in while. I had a job lined up a few years ago and was gonna do a portal axle install under his CJ for a guy and 4 link it and all, but he changed his mine at the last minute.
The sterling is a strong axle but I dont think there is much after market support for it.
Just got my new quadra tech cat this weekend. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version