Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Episode 63 - How the 700 Billion Dollar Bail Out Will Happen

(1/3) > >>

ColdHaven:
Of course, discuss any aspect of what was mentioned in the pod cast, but my biggest wonderment is this: What is likely to be the reprocussions to our society because of this? Lets say Jack is right and by the end of this year we are going to be looking into the steely eye of this mess, what realistically will happen? I am sure many would say anything could happen, and that is true. However, lets take a graduated guess here based on what we know is going on now and what has happened in the past. It is always good to prepare for the worst case scenario, but if we are looking at something as horrible as a depression or just as really bad recession...what could happen?

I remember, I think it was in a previous podcast, that it was mentioned that even during the depression that there was running water. Is that, for instance, something we could reasonably assume would be provided to us? What about electricity? If I am working for the hospital and SHTF and many corporations go down the toilet how would they pay me if not in dollars (since in that scenario the dollar would be worthless) that is if my hospital survived the spiral downward. These thoughts have been milling around in my head all week.

I have plans for various scenarios, but if we do have some of the basics for daily living then it would be more tolerable to bug-in. If water were available especially. Would the economic crash effect water and electrical production?

Everyday I try to do something towards becoming more prepared. If the situation got rough I could not stay here and I know that. I would like to, but I could not take everything either. I have a BOL, but it is the only place I could go to that could sustain our family independant of the grid...well sort of. One issue my mother was concerned about when we were talking about stuff like this was what would the mortgage companies do if you had an outstanding debt and the economy collapsed? How could they evict thousands of people? I don't think that would be possible either.

I think if all of this goes down we will still have access to running water and electricity (but it may be rationed just like gas). I think that the mortgage companies will have too much on their hands to deal with all of those people who still owe. Heck, they might even let things slide until the economy gets better so that you can pay (upkeep of the home and all of that). I am still trying to prepare for worst case scenario, but what do you all think is most likely to happen if this goes down in December?

DarkEyes:
If you don't pay anything else, pay your mortgage.  I had an uncle that owned the only store in a small town and he actually ended up owning about 3/4 of the county because of the bartering he did.  There will still be people with money.  Not everybody is going to be broke.  There will be people like my uncle circling around like a buzzard trying to swap your house for a loaf of bread.  Don't count on mortgage companies letting it slide.  They need to eat too.

surfivor:
>>> One issue my mother was concerned about when we were talking about stuff like this was what would the mortgage companies do if you had an outstanding debt and the economy collapsed? How could they evict thousands of people? I don't think that would be possible either.

That's what the army is for, rounding up rioters, looters, debtors, and anyone out past curfew. Those soldiers will be thinking to themselves that they better do a good job because jobs are hard to find and they should be glad that they have work to do rounding up the population. Our government (FEMA) has been busy building prison camps:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fema+camp+footage&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fema+camp#

The global elitists (Rothchilds and others) see this that a depopulated world is a world where controlling the wealth is easier for them to do.

Ever heard of the Georgia guidestones - clues to the desire to limit the worlds population:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=georgia%20guide%20stones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

ColdHaven:

--- Quote from: DarkEyes on September 26, 2008, 09:53:05 PM ---If you don't pay anything else, pay your mortgage.  I had an uncle that owned the only store in a small town and he actually ended up owning about 3/4 of the county because of the bartering he did.  There will still be people with money.  Not everybody is going to be broke.  There will be people like my uncle circling around like a buzzard trying to swap your house for a loaf of bread.  Don't count on mortgage companies letting it slide.  They need to eat too.

--- End quote ---

I have told mom that was probably the best thing. However, considering her land, and her house that is easier said than done. She has been made more than the monthly payment for years to try and pay it off earlier. It just will take about 20 years at this point from how she indicated. She never said an number. And as for me? Well, the only thing I own is the trailer, and the land I am on is rented.

--- Quote from: surfivor on September 26, 2008, 10:36:20 PM --->>> One issue my mother was concerned about when we were talking about stuff like this was what would the mortgage companies do if you had an outstanding debt and the economy collapsed? How could they evict thousands of people? I don't think that would be possible either.

That's what the army is for, rounding up rioters, looters, debtors, and anyone out past curfew. Those soldiers will be thinking to themselves that they better do a good job because jobs are hard to find and they should be glad that they have work to do rounding up the population. Our government (FEMA) has been busy building prison camps:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fema+camp+footage&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fema+camp#

The global elitists (Rothchilds and others) see this that a depopulated world is a world where controlling the wealth is easier for them to do.

Ever heard of the Georgia guidestones - clues to the desire to limit the worlds population:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=georgia%20guide%20stones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

--- End quote ---

So, you are saying that if you do not pay your mortgage they are going to throw you in a FEMA camp? Never heard one of these, I will have to look into it.

ModernSurvival:
You know the ONE thing that really keeps me from insisting that that video link go in the "Tin Foil Hat Brigade" board???

The barbed wire angled in.  I spent three years in the Army and pulled plenty of guard duty during that time, the only thing with wire angled in was for containment. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version