Author Topic: Region One Meet & Greet Information  (Read 618 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
Region One Meet & Greet Information
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Each of the Regional Boards has its own child board for Meet & Greet Information.  This is the place to look if you want to organize or attend a meetup with other TSP Forum members in your area.

All the Meet & Greet boards are off-limits to unregistered guests, and to new members until they've made a few posts.  We hope this will help to keep unwelcome people from attending your meetup.

If you're new here, and you can't see the Meet & Greet boards, just participate a bit, and you'll get access. :)

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Region One Meet & Greet Information
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »
I would be interested in some working meet and greets. I have found that it is easier to do tasks when there are others around you to help. Not really sure how well this would work, maybe if we created a group of 6-10 preppers, met consistently and met on a rotating basis at different homes, we could all work on whatever project that home need to do for their prep. Sometimes we could maybe bring our materials and prep together. This would work good for a project like creating first aid kits. We could bulk order supplies, meet, divide them up, and create our kits. This would also allow us to share, teach and learn skills.

This could also lead to doing group buys if the group was amenable.

If the group is geographically close to each other this would also help us build our own "network" of assistance. I'm thinking of less than SHTF situations.

I am in Westford, Ma if this sounds good to any of you, email me at Debra@itspersonaltraining.net.

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
We have a group going that has members from all over the region. They meet once a month at my home in western Mass.  PM me if anyone is interested in learning more.

Offline YoungPrepper

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »
 I just found the Region One boards (sometimes I can be a little technologically challenged ;D.) So I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently live in Central Maine. I'm 25 and I've kind of been into preparedness for awhile now; however I suffered from the dreaded disease of analysis paralysis. It took my husband losing his job to get my butt in gear, and now we've been working hard to get to where we knew we should have been all along. If that makes any sense. ???
 We had about four months of food stored, however my sister and her family just moved in; so that was gone in a blink of an eye. Now we're trying to catch up as soon as we can.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
Where are you located in centeral Maine?? I am in Oxford county myself.

Offline COG_K

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
Hi,

My name is Chris and I'm looking to see if there is anyone near the Keene, NH area that would
Like to meet up. I'm looking to network with other like minded individuals.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
Chris,

I am just south of Nashua, NH so not close but not too far. email me at debra@itspersonaltraining.net

Offline YoungPrepper

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
Where are you located in centeral Maine?? I am in Oxford county myself.

Unfortunately, we're in Lewiston. But we're trying to get on track to move asap. I really want to learn to garden and hunt; and that won't be possible until we own some land.  :(

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
  Unfortunately, we're in Lewiston. But we're trying to get on track to move asap. I really want to learn to garden and hunt; and that won't be possible until we own some land.  :(

My brother lives in Lewiston! But he's not so young.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
I am in Bethel. So Lewiston/Auburn is only about 45min away.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »
hopefully Truthckur1 will check in here. He's not too far from you guys in Maine. My mom still lives in Limington (where I grew up) and my sister lives in Cornish.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 09:07:55 AM »
Ahh, Cornish. I know some folks over that way. About an hour from here, give or take.

Offline misst

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
Hi
Im tricia
Im in worcester ma
anyone else in this area? or a meet up already organised nearby?
Im aiming to learn to garden, shoot , can, etc and id love to give free labour at a meetup in return for the experience

Offline Duckman

• Prepper
  • Strictly motivated by rage!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
Hey, I'm new to this. I am in Derry NH, and would love to meet up with other homestaeders and share ideas/work/good times. We should really organize and build this community up.

Offline offbeatbassist

• Prepper
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »
Hey guys,

Just thought Id stop in and say hi.. I was thinking there should be something similar to a regional board somewhere on here when I found a link to it :) My name is Ray, I'm 25 and married with a newborn. We currently live in Penobscot County, about an hour north of Bangor atm. We just moved back from Denver this last summer, living with my inlaws, and are looking for land/house somewhere in our greater current area.. I work in Bangor and no-where near debt free, so we are limited by my commuting.

Offline Jeff NH

• Survivor
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me.
    • Free State Project
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
Hey, I'm new to this. I am in Derry NH, and would love to meet up with other homestaeders and share ideas/work/good times. We should really organize and build this community up.

Sorry I missed this when it was posted. Recent post caused this to pop to the top of the screen again. So far we've failed at a NH TSP specific meetup.
There are multiple liberty minded meetups that happen around the state on a regular basis. Certainly are people homesteading as well. You might be interested in coming to Liberty Forum in Feb in Nashua. Jack was here last year. He might come back this year. Last year was lots of great speakers on liberty & food topics including Joel Salatin as well as some NH folks.

Offline AvonCTStyle

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 03:42:30 AM »
 :) Hi from Hartford County CT.
I was sent to this forum from a member here who is a member with me over on a CT Meetup group that looks like it's dissolving since the leader quit & so far no one is stepping up to take over & the count down is 14 days & the meetup group will close down.

I'm a wife, mother of 2 adult children & now grandma of 2 grandsons. I grew up on a farm when I was young but have been living the city/suburban life since being grown up. I was a semi-prepper until after I got married because I grew up on a family homestead that kept stocked pantries but I got complacent going with the flow of my "cityslicker" husband.
As we got older we finally purchased our own home in Jan 09 we moved in & although I knew I wanted to make certain we purchased a home with a fireplace I totally forgot to also look for a pantry. I guess late 2009 early 2010 I started to get this feeling like I needed to start doing something but I wasn't certain what... then I discovered there were people out there who knew what I was talking about & the name for the lifestyle which I grew up in & I was introduced to "Prepping" & "Homesteading" & started finding the online forums, youtube & even the meetup groups which had a few meetings that were in areas that I could actually meet people in person to learn & relearn the skills I saw as a child done by my mother & Aunts & Uncles back on the farm.
I look forward to learning & sharing & hopefully meeting sometime in the future.  :D

Offline Jeff NH

• Survivor
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me.
    • Free State Project
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
:) Hi from Hartford County CT.
I was sent to this forum from a member here who is a member with me over on a CT Meetup group that looks like it's dissolving since the leader quit & so far no one is stepping up to take over & the count down is 14 days & the meetup group will close down.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your existing group dissolving.  I'm about 2 hours from that general area (Southern NH. 2 Hours to City of Hartford) so a little too far away for any sort of regular non virtual interaction. Enjoy the forums. Hope you find others close by.

Offline Getheart

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »
Hey all. New to the forums. I'm over in the Portland area of ME. Just starting some basic preps...feeling a little behind in the game, though surely ahead of the masses.

Anyways, Hello! Looking forward to meeting some locals.

Offline Saint-TyR

• Survivor
    • Ruby Lane Farm
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
Welcome Getheart! It is good to see we are adding more to masses in Region 1. Take things one day at a time and don't get caught up in the daily news (panic).

Stay Safe,

Offline Duckman

• Prepper
  • Strictly motivated by rage!
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 01:04:22 AM »
Hey. Let's mke this happen. Where is everyone? Let's find a pub in a central location and get the ball rolling. Everyone list their town and I will figure out what our options are to meet.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »
::)  My own fault, for not locking this thread after the first post...

This thread isn't the place to organize meet-and-greets.  We have a whole board for that:

Each of the Regional Boards has its own child board for Meet & Greet Information.  This is the place to look if you want to organize or attend a meetup with other TSP Forum members in your area.

All the Meet & Greet boards are off-limits to unregistered guests, and to new members until they've made a few posts.  We hope this will help to keep unwelcome people from attending your meetup.

If you're new here, and you can't see the Meet & Greet boards, just participate a bit, and you'll get access. :)