Author Topic: Massachusetts  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Outdoorsben

• Prepper
Re: Massachusetts
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
Well if memory serves me correct you live on the cape. At least your house can pull some good money and/or rent if need be. My parents camp in brewster all summer. I certainly ate ramen noodles a lot to pay things off and as much as I can't stand ramen it was worth it.  I can certainly understand your kids being there so you can't just pick up and move. Hopefully i'll have my BOL or full time BOL by the time I have kids or even get married. Shooting for 2 years to purchase the BOL.

Offline hunker down bunker

• Prepper
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »
Remember, Big Government is here to help and we're all about what WE think is best for you.  Your opinions, as citizens, are always welcome but always discounted in favor of OUR special interests - sorry.

Offline beagle76

• Survivor
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
I'm from central MA near Worcester. I am new to the Podcasts and the forum. I have also had enough of this nanny state and am actively searching New Hampshire and Maine for a homestead. Most of the garden is done for the year, except for the cold hardy plants. Getting ready for another winter - prep the property for a move or sale, whatever the future holds.

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »
www.porcupinerealtor.com

tell him I sent you

Offline Millboy

• Prepper
  • Best Bulldogge ever.
    • wickedmuddy.com
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »
I'm here too. Up in the Merrimack Valley and as soon as I can get a house in NH I'm sooo there.  I can't wait to get the F out of this backwards ass state.

Offline sovereign liberty

• Fledgling Prepper
    • Sovereign Liberty
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
I am in the New Bedford/Dartmouth area! Hello all. It would be cool to have more locals. It seems no one has posted on this thread in awhile. Anybody still follow this thread? Maybe do meetup?

Offline Herbal Prepper

• Prepper
    • Herbal Prepper
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
Hey there, Sovereign Liberty,

I know you're thread is a year old, but you're in my neck of the woods. I'm in the Fall River area.

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
My apologies for being completely out of the loop for a couple of years.  In the interim, I've gotten a ham license (no radio yet), motorhome (BOV), and an FFL and continued prepping vigilantly when possible.  The kids suck up major dough with their various activities so disposable prepping income has been hard to come by.  Still, I buy and sell quite a few guns and shoot when I can.  Cape Cod is still going to be nearly impossible to escape with panicking sheep about so I'd be wise to leave early, though hopefully it will never come to that.  Myles Standish State Forest in nearby Plymouth is lovely but again, I'd be hard pressed to get to it post shtf.  So I'm on Cape for the duration, leaving only now and then for the occasional vacation.  I'd love an off grid camp in Southern Vermont but that's a ways out.  For the moment I'm content to work on my house and gardens and live the good life.  My best to you all and start chiming back in.

Adam

Offline suzysurvivor

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2014, 09:36:29 AM »
we're up in the Worcester-ish area.  Doing a lil homesteading type stuff in our snooty bedroom community but planning to buy property in Maine this month. 

so, yer not alone. :)

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 05:11:07 AM »
The last time I was in Worcester was for a Blue Oyster Cult concert at the Centrum in '83.  Time flies.  I was last in Maine in 1986.  It's just now occurred to me that I don't go anywhere.  Since I don't go anywhere I'm researching solar shingles as my roof needs to be replaced in the next few years.  The Fed is offering a pretty hefty tax credit (dollar for dollar reduction in your tax liability) for solar installations.  I'm a builder and trying to get a dealer-type arrangement with Dow.  www.dowpowerhouse.com   Basically, I'm trying to get a roof at cost that I'll install myself which, in theory, should pay me back something.  Get me a well and an underground propane tank and I'm off the grid completely.  A brother can dream...

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:33 AM »
Springfield. :)

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I have family out in the Berkshires and should get out to the western part of the state this summer.  Ordered a dual band HT radio which I'll need to figure out.  I have no radio experience and the learning curve will be steep.  Plus I have another ham test on the 28th (General Class).  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  I'll probably take another (Extra) exam in July or August then I'll never have to take another test again.

Offline Seradeen Pepper

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • My photography website
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
Hey all I am on the south coast as well, Taunton area.

I garden, sew, knit and can my own food.

Good to hear you are sticking with it AdamElk.

Offline AdamElk

• Prepper
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Hey SP, et al.
I've kinda fallen off the canning wagon lately though I know I should be doing more of it.  I'm almost out of last season's green tomato relish and sweet and sour pickles.  I canned a bunch of chili in the pressure canner too.  Over rice it's pretty good.  I passed my General class exam and can now access almost all the HF bands on amateur radio.  Of course, I have no idea how.  I was amazed at how many old white dudes were at the last radio club meeting.  Just kidding, I wasn't surprised at all.  I don't do much prepping in the summer unless you count gardening but as soon as a cool fall day hits I kick it into high gear.  The tourists are clogging the Cape and we're doing what we can to maintain our collective sanity.  Cheers, and 73!