Author Topic: Elon Musk reportedly sold $10 million worth of ‘flamethrowers’ in four days  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Elon Musk reportedly sold $10 million worth of ‘flamethrowers’ in four days

It only took four days for Tesla co-founder and Silicone Valley billionaire Elon Musk to sell out of “flamethrowers” that were manufactured to raise money for his new pet project.

According to Reuters, Musk sold 20,000 flamethrowers at $500 a piece. In total, he raised $10 million, which he will use to develop his high-speed tunnel project.

“When the zombie apocalypse happens, you’ll be glad you bought a flamethrower,” Musk tweeted Saturday. “Works against hordes of the undead or your money back!”

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Flamethrowers sold out

11:15 PM - Jan 31, 2018
 3,347 3,347 Replies   20,443 20,443 Retweets   145,583 145,583 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Of course, as consumers quickly realized, the flamethrowers would more accurately be described as “roof torches strapped to Airsoft rifles.”

The flamethrowers were made by the Boring Company, which Musk, founder and CEO at SpaceX, formed to raise money to build a high-speed transport tunnel in Los Angeles.

Each flamethrower, which Ars Technica described as a “fancy-looking torch,” will come with a free fire extinguisher, which the company playfully described as “an overpriced Boring Company fire extinguisher,” adding that “you can definitely buy one for less elsewhere, but this one comes with a cool sticker and the button is conveniently right above.” The flamethrowers are going to ship this spring.

Customers had to agree to a number of conditions, one of which said, “May not be used on Boring Company decorative lacquered hay bales or Boring Company dockside munitions warehouses.”

California Assemblyman Miguel Santiago (D) has vowed to block the sale of the flamethrowers.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/01/elon-musk-reportedly-sold-10-million-worth-of-flamethrowers-in-four-days

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
yawn. a non event, a fancy shmancy toy.. and i expect states like calif will ban them shortly as a menace.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
yawn. a non event, a fancy shmancy toy.. and i expect states like calif will ban them shortly as a menace.

Especially if they have a bayonet lug.

Offline scoob

• Senior Survivalist
  • Chicken-farming knuckle-dragger
    • Marksmanship, History, Civic Engagement
Of course, as consumers quickly realized, the flamethrowers would more accurately be described as “roof torches strapped to Airsoft rifles.”

Yep.  Or over-priced weed-burners.